Marlos Moreno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know just how talented this lad is?

Is he seen as a potential star in the making or potentially a solid squad player, or maybe a make a profit if he doesn't make the grade signing?

We're going to be utterly stacked on that right hand side alone should things go the right way this summer.

Sane, Moreno and Roberts. Not sure where they all fit in, or if they're meant to.
Tim Vickery, a U.K. journalist in South America for a long time, says he's witnessed a few players start their career who make you feel you've seen something special.
He listed Ronaldo (the real one), Neymar and Messi when he played for the Argentina youth teams. He puts Moreno in this bracket.
I've never seen the lad play but that description makes me excited.

Tim Vickery, a U.K. journalist in South America for a long time, says he's witnessed a few players start their career who make you feel you've seen something special.
He listed Ronaldo (the real one), Neymar and Messi when he played for the Argentina youth teams. He puts Moreno in this bracket.
I've never seen the lad play but that description makes me excited.

Promising stuff, albeit he is the fella that famously said Zaba was shite, so pinch of salt needed.

Cling filmed arm ?!

He's all raw potential right now RDOG, he's come a long way in a very short time (only made his first team debut for Nacional last season I believe) from youth team player to full international for Colombia.
I've watched his last few Copa Libertadores games and he is still quite inconsistent with his decision making, and has missed a few decent scoring chances but in every game he produced moments of real magic that would get you off your seat.
He has rapid pace and great trickery in tight spaces, he absolutely skinned his fullback twice to almost lay on assists in his last appearance when they won the Copa at home and the backheel assist in the semi final against Sao Paolo was pure class. He's in the 'could be anything' bracket right now for me but with the right attitude and with Mr Guardiola guiding him I'm excited to see how he progresses ...

Vickery is a football anorak and mostly knows his stuff though some think he's a charlatan. He thinks Moreno will be a much better signing than Gabriel Jesus who he thinks is talented but a bit soft an of course will cost about 4 times as much as Moreno.

Vickery is a football anorak and mostly knows his stuff though some think he's a charlatan. He thinks Moreno will be a much better signing than Gabriel Jesus who he thinks is talented but a bit soft an of course will cost about 4 times as much as Moreno.
I heard such an interview myself,he claimed Jesus was much more of a risk due to his volatility and unpredictability - ive neither read or heard anything similar to back up that statement.
In regards Moreno,he rates him highly,as you state.

Cling filmed arm ?!

He's all raw potential right now RDOG, he's come a long way in a very short time (only made his first team debut for Nacional last season I believe) from youth team player to full international for Colombia.
I've watched his last few Copa Libertadores games and he is still quite inconsistent with his decision making, and has missed a few decent scoring chances but in every game he produced moments of real magic that would get you off your seat.
He has rapid pace and great trickery in tight spaces, he absolutely skinned his fullback twice to almost lay on assists in his last appearance when they won the Copa at home and the backheel assist in the semi final against Sao Paolo was pure class. He's in the 'could be anything' bracket right now for me but with the right attitude and with Mr Guardiola guiding him I'm excited to see how he progresses ...
Looks like he has had a tattoo on that arm today as they get wrapped in cling film until you get home

Anyone know just how talented this lad is?

Is he seen as a potential star in the making or potentially a solid squad player, or maybe a make a profit if he doesn't make the grade signing?

We're going to be utterly stacked on that right hand side alone should things go the right way this summer.

Sane, Moreno and Roberts. Not sure where they all fit in, or if they're meant to.

Moreno plays more on the left so with Nasri on the chopping block and Nolito for the time being only on a short term-ish contract, Sterling/Moreno going forward. Sané/Roberts on the right.

I heard such an interview myself,he claimed Jesus was much more of a risk due to his volatility and unpredictability - ive neither read or heard anything similar to back up that statement.
In regards Moreno,he rates him highly,as you state.
Hard to avoid Vickery as he's on 5 Live and Talkshite almost constantly, a media whore and no mistake.
To be fair to him though he reckons he watches about 5 full matches a day on TV so he puts the graft in unlike some of our gentlemen of the media who seem to steal a living by attending junkets and recycling other people's opinions as scoops.

Hard to avoid Vickery as he's on 5 Live and Talkshite almost constantly, a media whore and no mistake.
To be fair to him though he reckons he watches about 5 full matches a day on TV so he puts the graft in unlike some of our gentlemen of the media who seem to steal a living by attending junkets and recycling other people's opinions as scoops.
I think Vickery speaks well and intelligently and is a good journalist. But he is that a journalist and not a scout. He famously rated Paulinho much higher than Fernandinho when they were recruited at the same time. He also reckoned Funes Mori couldn't cut it in the premier league. I would take his opinion over most UK journalists about South American footballers but he is not exactly infallible.

I think Vickery speaks well and intelligently and is a good journalist. But he is that a journalist and not a scout. He famously rated Paulinho much higher than Fernandinho when they were recruited at the same time. He also reckoned Funes Mori couldn't cut it in the premier league. I would take his opinion over most UK journalists about South American footballers but he is not exactly infallible.
Who is?
I agree with him about Funes Mori BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.