Marlos Moreno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen it in a few articles- probably posted in this very thread. He's supposed to have a temper and a bit of a petulant streak and he got sent off in a big game because of it not so long ago. Picks up a lot of yellows too.

Jesus is more of a risk as well, as he's got much less experience than the other 2 big Brazilian prospects - Gabigol and Moreno. There's a reason why we are happy to let him stay in Brazil for 6-12 months, we've bought him very early to make sure WE get him, and not Barcelona, Real and co like nearly every other top Brazilian kid.

There's nothing wrong in admitting we've taken a risk on him, it's a calculated risk and Pep's call.

New tattoo for the copa Libertadores win probably.
Gabe Jesus's hot streak comes from being the 2nd most fouled player in the league(should probably be 1st but plenty of fouls have gone uncalled which sparks his range) so I think that's a big overstated.

Anyway I hope Depor give Marlos a lot of game time, La Liga should make his fee look like a steal

Do you all think he'll make it here?
The personality evaluation that I've read goes on with the scouting has picked out 4 players who all they want to do is play football and improve. Marlos,Gabriel Jesus,Zincheko and Sane. Having Pep as the manager will maximize this. I know most think that by virtue of the past someone quite make it but this is truly a golden generation. The culture around the club will change and our CFA is starting to be in full swing, giving all these players who want to play all the time and work hard everything they need. Don't forget Pep wants players to bond together so they will be out there winning for each other and the club not just winning for themselves.

It reminds me of when UTD got little pea for a small outlay.

He didn't quite make it with them as a star striker, but there's no denying his effectiveness wherever he's been.

Hopefully Marlos can make some telling contributions to the team in the future.

He's also talked a lot about how Paulinho did so badly was a surprise to him and everyone in Brazil. Everything there pointed to him being a massive success in England, he had all the things you'd want in the English game and was pulling up trees not only in Brazil but for Brazil in that confed cup when he was amazing.

There's no shame in getting a couple wrong, after all the actual experts - managers, clubs and their huge scouting departments - get it wrong all the time.

It annoys me on that a good journalist should get discredited or written off on here for making a prediction 3 years ago that was perfectly reasonable. Especially when he's talking now about a player, Moreno, who you can absolutely fucking guarantee he's seen 100x more of than anyone on this forum.

It's football, sometimes players who should succeed fail miserably.
Good point!

This is getting silly now. We have signed him and loaned him and OS says nothing. Does he not count?

I agree, does seem a little strange. Saw pictures today of him signing shirts for fans in Spain, so he must have officially signed and been loaned out, but club yet to confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.