Marlos Moreno

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what Vickery wrote on Sky Sports about Fernandinho when we got him:

Fernandinho
It's a lot of money. There's a very good player there. He's another midfielder with a very good engine but he doesn't score the goals that Paulinho scores and he's a little bit older than Paulinho. He's also been in Ukraine for eight years. That's a long time to be in one league and a league that's not quite a top league. So if you're thinking £30million for Fernandinho and £17million for Paulinho, I'd be thinking that Tottenham have probably gotten the better deal out of those two.

LMAO!!!

This is what Vickery wrote on Sky Sports about Fernandinho when we got him:
LMAO!!!

Just goes to show how easy it is to get it wrong in the world of journalism.
He didn't slag Fernandinho btw, he just though Paulinho was better value for money at the time.

Just goes to show how easy it is to get it wrong in the world of journalism.
He didn't slag Fernandinho btw, he just though Paulinho was better value for money at the time.

He's also talked a lot about how Paulinho did so badly was a surprise to him and everyone in Brazil. Everything there pointed to him being a massive success in England, he had all the things you'd want in the English game and was pulling up trees not only in Brazil but for Brazil in that confed cup when he was amazing.

There's no shame in getting a couple wrong, after all the actual experts - managers, clubs and their huge scouting departments - get it wrong all the time.

It annoys me on that a good journalist should get discredited or written off on here for making a prediction 3 years ago that was perfectly reasonable. Especially when he's talking now about a player, Moreno, who you can absolutely fucking guarantee he's seen 100x more of than anyone on this forum.

It's football, sometimes players who should succeed fail miserably.

He's also talked a lot about how Paulinho did so badly was a surprise to him and everyone in Brazil. Everything there pointed to him being a massive success in England, he had all the things you'd want in the English game and was pulling up trees not only in Brazil but for Brazil in that confed cup when he was amazing.

There's no shame in getting a couple wrong, after all the actual experts - managers, clubs and their huge scouting departments - get it wrong all the time.

It annoys me on that a good journalist should get discredited or written off on here for making a prediction 3 years ago that was perfectly reasonable. Especially when he's talking now about a player, Moreno, who you can absolutely fucking guarantee he's seen 100x more of than anyone on this forum.

It's football, sometimes players who should succeed fail miserably.

All good points.
Those that work hard will always do better than those that don't.

I heard such an interview myself,he claimed Jesus was much more of a risk due to his volatility and unpredictability - ive neither read or heard anything similar to back up that statement.
In regards Moreno,he rates him highly,as you state.

I've seen it in a few articles- probably posted in this very thread. He's supposed to have a temper and a bit of a petulant streak and he got sent off in a big game because of it not so long ago. Picks up a lot of yellows too.

Jesus is more of a risk as well, as he's got much less experience than the other 2 big Brazilian prospects - Gabigol and Moreno. There's a reason why we are happy to let him stay in Brazil for 6-12 months, we've bought him very early to make sure WE get him, and not Barcelona, Real and co like nearly every other top Brazilian kid.

There's nothing wrong in admitting we've taken a risk on him, it's a calculated risk and Pep's call.

Looks like he has had a tattoo on that arm today as they get wrapped in cling film until you get home

New tattoo for the copa Libertadores win probably.

Jesus is more of a risk as well, as he's got much less experience than the other 2 big Brazilian prospects - Gabigol and Moreno.

Moreno is Colombian and I'm not sure I'd say he has much more experience. He had a longer Copa Libertadores run and the 7 caps for the senior Colombia team, but Jesus has played quite a bit more domestic league football with Palmeiras.

Last edited:
Moreno is Colombian and I'm not sure I'd say he has much more experience. He had a longer Copa Libertadores run and the 7 caps for the senior Colombia team, but Jesus has played quite a bit more domestic league football with Palmeiras.

Yes sorry, meant South American talents.

Moreno has played more top level football. A lot of GJs experience is in the state league, which is very low quality competition.

Not to mention Moreno being an international, going to the Copa America etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.