Marquinhos

MJMRuiz said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
MJMRuiz said:
Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world I'm afraid folks. Kompany #2. Nastasic and Marquinhos are both exceptional talents, I'd say Nastasic is slightly better at this moment in time, but Thiago Silva gives the PSG pairing the edge.

No way is he the best in the world, Hummels, Kompany, Ramos all better than Silva. Varane is miles ahead of Marquinhos too, as is Nastasic IMO.
Hummels isn't close to his 11/12 form, he was one of the top five in the world back then, not now. Top three are T.Silva, Komps and Ramos though, in that order.
Varane stands out for me

Ramos is no where near the top three top ten maybe, Thiago Silva is an amazing centre back but would walk into any team in the world but think its tight to call between him and Kompany, Kompanys season last year was very stop start but the season before IMO Kompany was better.

dachoosen1 said:
Ramos is no where near the top three top ten maybe, Thiago Silva is an amazing centre back but would walk into any team in the world but think its tight to call between him and Kompany, Kompanys season last year was very stop start but the season before IMO Kompany was better.

Vinnie is a good defender nothing more and I'll take good, but blind attitude to his mistakes , being utterly skinned against QPR for example, simply shows he isn't perfect, while we fawn, because dick wad media pundits say we should! TS, Ramos, and Puyol, are world class Vinnie isn't as of yet.

Thiago Silva is easily the best defender in the world I've seen since Puyol was at his peak a few years ago. Kompany reached great heights 2 seasons ago, but then injuries ruined it for him. Aside from that Nastasic, Marquinhos and Varane are at about the same level, however, their development now will make a big impact on how good they actually become.

VOOMER said:
dachoosen1 said:

Vinnie is a good defender nothing more and I'll take good, but blind attitude to his mistakes , being utterly skinned against QPR for example, simply shows he isn't perfect, while we fawn, because dick wad media pundits say we should! TS, Ramos, and Puyol, are world class Vinnie isn't as of yet.

Kompany is world class, absolutely no doubt about it and despite not being as good last season as he was in 11/12, he's still easily one of the best in the world.

However, he is vulnerable when he has little protection in front of him and has to step out of the back four to meet the ball. That QPR goal you're referring to is a prime example and I've thought about that goal many times, it happened quite a lot last season, but it barely happened at all in 11/12. In terms of penalty area defenders, Kompany is the best in the world, there's no doubt about that. There's no better defender at combining pace, power, aerial strength, brilliant positioning in the box and tackling ability, but, as you rightfully highlight, it's when he is forced to step out of the back four because the situation dictates that he does.

That issue in itself is a team issue, not something Kompany can be particularly faulted for himself. He knows 100% that he doesn't want to have to go out and meet Traore in that instance, but he has no choice otherwise he's giving the attacker free license to walk to the edge of the box without any pressure. Hopefully, next season we'll have more protection, we'll win the ball higher up and close the gaps between the midfield and defence, meaning Kompany won't have to travel 20+ yards away from the back four just to win the ball.

MJMRuiz said:
VOOMER said:
dachoosen1 said:

Kompany is world class, absolutely no doubt about it and despite not being as good last season as he was in 11/12, he's still easily one of the best in the world.

However, he is vulnerable when he has little protection in front of him and has to step out of the back four to meet the ball. That QPR goal you're referring to is a prime example and I've thought about that goal many times, it happened quite a lot last season, but it barely happened at all in 11/12. In terms of penalty area defenders, Kompany is the best in the world, there's no doubt about that. There's no better defender at combining pace, power, aerial strength, brilliant positioning in the box and tackling ability, but, as you rightfully highlight, it's when he is forced to step out of the back four because the situation dictates that he does.

That issue in itself is a team issue, not something Kompany can be particularly faulted for himself. He knows 100% that he doesn't want to have to go out and meet Traore in that instance, but he has no choice otherwise he's giving the attacker free license to walk to the edge of the box without any pressure. Hopefully, next season we'll have more protection, we'll win the ball higher up and close the gaps between the midfield and defence, meaning Kompany won't have to travel 20+ yards away from the back four just to win the ball.
Would have been very hard to win the ball "high up" when Kenny had it in his hands and threw it out, in the instance you are highlighting...

I'm not talking about an isolated incident, that QPR goal was just an obvious example of a time when Kompany has been shown up when breaking out of the back four.

MJMRuiz said:
I'm not talking about an isolated incident, that QPR goal was just an obvious example of a time when Kompany has been shown up when breaking out of the back four.
You clearly did just talk about and isolate that one instance, in fact you said it was a "prime example" and then went on to discuss it.

You even linked your "solution" to the goal;

...He knows 100% that he doesn't want to have to go out and meet Traore in that instance, but he has no choice otherwise he's giving the attacker free license to walk to the edge of the box without any pressure. Hopefully, next season we'll have more protection,...

You must study harder and pay attention to detail if you ever want to more than just a student of the game...

I didn't link my solution to the goal fucking hell are you intentionally trying to fuck me off? There's a full stop there, basic English language Jesus Christtttt, I'm not sure I can handle this kind of nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.