Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Zero point?

You dont think having the youngsters in and around the squad, training with the top boys and getting to watch from the sidelines is an integral part of their development, "feel good factor", and gives them a great insight into what they will eventually be part of if they shape themselves?

How are they going to shape themselves if they don’t play?

If they can’t be afforded 10/20 minutes in a fixture with nothing at stake and in a season where there are additional substitute numbers, when are they going to get that opportunity?

It sends the wrong message that with nothing at stake, they are bypassed and not afforded what any youngster needs, experience..

All the exposure to being around the ‘system’ is great but he has a blind spot in the reality of game time, imo, it’s these moments that test ones thinking and inspires the player themselves, many a kid has burst on the scene from totally left field, that’s impossible by just absorbing words and not being on the pitch!

I think it's more important for the team and season that Raz and Sergio played and scored than it was to blood kids.

We have a big senior squad and when everyone is fit, kids are not going to get a look in.

Pretty dull affair, but job done and another win on the board with some key players rested. Hopefully we can continue with this consistency and put up a big performance at the weekend.

Praise again to Stones who continues to really prove his doubters wrong - of which I was very guilty of. He looks in phenomenal form.

Don’t want to hear Pep moaning about 5 subs again though. So frustrating having to listen about the league ‘killing the players’, only for him to bring on two subs in a dead rubber fixture with 5 subs available to him.

It was a terrible advert for the academy this evening and very disappointed Doyle/Palmer didn’t even get a look in. Zero point involving them in the squad if they’re just going to be benched.
Do you moan about ducks having to walk everywhere barefoot?

Zero point?

You dont think having the youngsters in and around the squad, training with the top boys and getting to watch from the sidelines is an integral part of their development, "feel good factor", and gives them a great insight into what they will eventually be part of if they shape themselves?

Doyle to Palmer “ just think when they retire in 5 years we get a start in a CL game”

“ really?”

“ well if we have already qualified obviously”

“ I worked that one out myself”

Mahrez and Sterling it is then:-)

In fairness the young uns have quiet periods in games. The team he picks on Saturday is anyone’s guess because we have options and he is a bit Dustin Hoffman
I hope it’s not Mahrez and Sterling as inverted wingers. I can just imagine United parking the bus, Sterling and Mahrez cutting inside and losing the ball, and Fernandes hoofing it to Martial or Rashford on the counter

Mahrez and Sterling it is then:-)

In fairness the young uns have quiet periods in games. The team he picks on Saturday is anyone’s guess because we have options and he is a bit Dustin Hoffman
giphy.gif

Absolutely not I would have been buzzing be a 17/18 being on the bench for a CL game
This isn't their first time on the bench.

If it was then sure, first time on the bench for City's first team is exciting, but they've done that before.

Their mind set was obviously to get minutes, they expected it, Pep even mentioned the youth players in the conference.

Job done.

A very competent, solid performance.

We looked strong at the back and dangerous going forward. Well as much as we could, given that Marseille put ten or 11 behind the ball.

Fantastic to see Sergio back and even better to see him score his 257th goal for City; that’s now 80 more than Eric Brook.

Some very good individual performances tonight, including Silva, Fernandinho, Stones and Gündoğan, but I thought Walker was MotM; where’s the poll, @jimharri?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.