Marseille (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

I hope it’s not Mahrez and Sterling as inverted wingers. I can just imagine United parking the bus, Sterling and Mahrez cutting inside and losing the ball, and Fernandes hoofing it to Martial or Rashford on the counter

I think how the game will play out is obvious, our defence is much improved so can we take our chances. What back 4 he picks is vital I think our midfield will be bypassed somewhat. Does he go gung ho with the full backs? Does he trust stones?

How are they going to shape themselves if they don’t play?

If they can’t be afforded 10/20 minutes in a fixture with nothing at stake and in a season where there are additional substitute numbers, when are they going to get that opportunity?

When Pep says.

You wetting your knickers and rocking yourself to sleep over it wont change this simple fact

I meant the quarters. We're good for the R16! :D

I think we might be fine this year whoever we get, hopefully.
Would be far too laborious to discuss who the Rags can draw in the Fish and Chip shop cup.

This isn't their first time on the bench.

If it was then sure, first time on the bench for City's first team is exciting, but they've done that before.

Their mind set was obviously to get minutes, they expected it, Pep even mentioned the youth players in the conference.

If they expected it then they are very very wrong.

Good win that. Starting line up BCFC in my opinion.

Also a big shout to Bernardo tonight, a huge shift there in the middle, I felt he put the hard miles in with none of the plaudits. It's effort like that that makes Peps teams tick. Great game!

Easy win. Great to see Sergio back and with a goal. Real shame Doyle and Palmer didn’t get any time. Stones looks phenomenal.

Absolutely no idea why pep didn’t want to give them ten minutes is a game we had in the bag that also
Meant fuck all. Pretty disappointing from that perspective.

I thought his team selection and lack of subs was completely the right thing to do. We’ve got a few players individually out of form, a few that are still new to the team and a few coming back from injury.

Add in very limited training time and preseason, I thought it was absolutely right to get minutes and playing time together in a game with no pressure for a lot of those players, whether to bed them in further, get match fit or play more into form.

Everyone out on the pitch tonight could have a defining impact on our season when they are called upon. It was absolutely right to prioritise those.

I think how the game will play out is obvious, our defence is much improved so can we take our chances. What back 4 he picks is vital I think our midfield will be bypassed somewhat. Does he go gung ho with the full backs? Does he trust stones?
United are gonna park the bus and play a narrow 5atb formation. Need Foden on the left and Torres on the right to stretch them out, otherwise it will be incredibly narrow. Both of them can whip in crosses with De Bruyne and Gundogan arraving in the box. I would like Dinho over Rodri at DM, we need his energy, pace and tactical fouling in the middle. Dias is an obvious starter, and Stones deserves to start next to him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.