Martín Zubimendi

Rodri won't be anywhere close to the same player until the 2026/27 season. If we sign somebody in Jan, we're going to need a direct replacement for the next 18 months. After that we can deal with it later, if he or Amy other potential replacement is a success it's not going to be an issue. You're also ignoring the fact Rodri can easily play as a more box to box midfielder himself, he displayed creativity and an eye for goal most out and out attacking midfielders can only dream of possessing.
100% ^ this, if he eventually comes back at the same level it will be incredible, this is a major injury, however good surgery is these days and it's outstanding, Rodri will take at least 12 months to get back up to speed.

So our Rodri plan would be to take the best player in the world out of his best position? Seen better plans tbh.
We’ve all been asking for Rodri back up for years and now it’s come for the time that we desperately need one, you’re worried about his deputy not playing when Rodri’s fit? Worry about that next season, I’m pretty sure Rodri and Zubimendi can play together. Like I said, Rodri is more than capable to get involved in the final third more.

We’ve all been asking for Rodri back up for years and now it’s come for the time that we desperately need one, you’re worried about his deputy not playing when Rodri’s fit? Worry about that next season, I’m pretty sure Rodri and Zubimendi can play together. Like I said, Rodri is more than capable to get involved in the final third more.
Other people might have but I’ve never wanted a Rodri backup. A backup only plays when Rodri doesn’t. What I’ve always said we need is a Gundogan replacement. Because at his peak, Gundo could cover Rodri as a lone 6 when needed, but could also play as an 8 and even a 10, so could play with Rodri too. A Rodri backup brings the same issue we found when going for a Haaland backup - the players willing to assume that role in our squad are not actually good enough. No Rodri backup for me, Gundo replacement is what we need.

Who said he cant play with Rodri?

Rodri can play the Stones role, and push up next to Zubimendi.

They can play as a double pivot, with Rodri being more like an 8, Rodri has great vision and goal scoring.

Or just dual 6s sitting back, and we use our fullbacks to go wide and get the wingers inside.

We need a metronome as the 6, Kovacic is fine, but is more of a ball carrier and not deep playmaker.

Gundogan did it for us, but lacks the physicality for counters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.