Martín Zubimendi

Why would he sit on the bench? Rodri has been saying for ages that he plays too much. They can rotate and also play together as he’d go ahead of Kovačić Gündoğan Lewis Stones in central midfield.
I'm not sure as playing them together would be a change in playing style for City.

By the time Rodri comes back KDB will be 34 and might not even be here. Gundo will be close to 35 and absolutely not a better option than Zubimendi. Kova and Bernardo will both be 31 and heading into their last contracted years if they are even still here. What are you on about? Ya shouldn't be so aggressive if you're making a dusty point...just sayin'...
So in 9-12 months time... a player who has scored 8 senior goals in his career (with none for Spain at any level) and about 6 assists, is better than the legends listed above?

You should probably wipe the dust off your short memory. The above options will still be ahead of him.

Regardless, he wouldn't play if Rodri is in the team as he's also a CDM. When have we played with two CDMs ever?

I doubt we will get a key player like Zubamendi easily especially in january transfer window.

The biggest obstacle on whether Zubamendi want to move or not, doesn't matter jack shit we throw as much money to Sociedad if the player in question doesn't want to go.

I doubt we will get a key player like Zubamendi easily especially in january transfer window.

The biggest obstacle on whether Zubamendi want to move or not, doesn't matter jack shit we throw as much money to Sociedad if the player in question doesn't want to go.
If Pep calls not many can say no.

What everybody seems to forget is the sheer amount of games we are playing in the years to come, so Zubimendi actually would be a great addition to the squad, regardless whether Rodri is fit or not. He could easily start many games against "weaker" teams and we could keep Rodri fit for the bigger teams. Especially with the World Cup and the Club World Cup coming up. I do see Rico in the inverted fullback role for years to come and dont think Gundo can play the role like he used to a couple of years back. We´ll also have to see how Nunes and O´reilly will develop, im hopeful for Nunes as his performances this year have been pretty good. And dont forget we also used to play with both Ferna and Rodri as a double Pivot for some time. And for Zubimendi: i do think he could be interested in a move in the winter if sociedad keep on playing like they are atm, just depends wheter or not he would hep out his boyhood club in a season when things arent really going well for them... that is if Pep & Co think hes worth it.

So in 9-12 months time... a player who has scored 8 senior goals in his career (with none for Spain at any level) and about 6 assists, is better than the legends listed above?

You should probably wipe the dust off your short memory. The above options will still be ahead of him.

Regardless, he wouldn't play if Rodri is in the team as he's also a CDM. When have we played with two CDMs ever?
I'll trust my own opinion every day of the week and twice on Sunday when it comes to football. You believe whatever you want...
We need young legs in the midfield whether it be Zubimendi, Ricci, Wharton, Varela...this isn't an over 30 "legends" league...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.