Martín Zubimendi

That said, I will go on record as saying I prefer Ricci to Zubimendi or Ederson from Atalanta,,,

By the time Rodri comes back KDB will be 34 and might not even be here. Gundo will be close to 35 and absolutely not a better option than Zubimendi. Kova and Bernardo will both be 31 and heading into their last contracted years if they are even still here. What are you on about? Ya shouldn't be so aggressive if you're making a dusty point...just sayin'...
Zubimendi is nothing like KDB , Bernardo, or Gundogan and they will need replacing but not but doubt it's by Zubimendi who be a great Rodri back up or even replacement but not sure he'd want that.

Zubimendi is nothing like KDB , Bernardo, or Gundogan and they will need replacing but not but doubt it's by Zubimendi who be a great Rodri back up or even replacement but not sure he'd want that.
Who said he's like any of them? The original post by DATOIA had him in a double pivot with Rodri playing behind Foden. Zubimendi in that role is a better option come 2025-26. Ya have to read through the thread if ya want the proper context of what's being said...

Who said he's like any of them? The original post by DATOIA had him in a double pivot with Rodri playing behind Foden. Zubimendi in that role is a better option come 2025-26. Ya have to read through the thread if ya want the proper context of what's being said...
No I don't to give my opinion that I doubt we'd buy him. what other opinions are,are their opinions. Mine is my opinion, and that is he won't replace any of our midfielders that need replacing.

I'm happy for Pep to think otherwise, but that's why I doubt Zubimendi is the player for us. Can't see him playing alongside Rodri, and also can't see him wanting to be Rodri's back up ,he has that problem with Spain. I agree with your post just don't think Zubimendi is the right player.
It’s difficult. It’s like having Haaland why would anyone want to be a back up to him, Alvarez left because of that.

I think people are sleeping on Rodri playing ever so slightly further forward if paired with a player like this. Look at how many times he gets big goals in big games, almost like Gundo he has the sense of where to be.

Who said he's like any of them? The original post by DATOIA had him playing in a double pivot with Rodri behind Foden. He would be a better option in that type of set up in 2025-26.

No I don't to give my opinion that I doubt we'd buy him. what other opinions are,are their opinions. Mine is my opinion, and that is he won't replace any of our midfielders that need replacing.
So basically you're just posting an opinion independent of what DATOIA posted and what I agreed with? If you're saying you don't fancy Zubimendi to come in as Gundo, KDB, and Bernardo phase out, fair enough. If you're saying Zubimendi would not excel in a double pivot with Rodri then I'll just disagree.

What is patently obvious is that KDB, Gundo and Kova are not spring chickens and will all need replacing in the not too distant future. They are a century old between the 3 of them! Throw in Bernardo and it becomes eye watering how much we are about to lose and the quality they bring!

If you add a Rodri with an ACL (out for at least a year and who knows how he is when he returns), we need a minimum €250-300M midfield rebuild.

Now, we may have a few players in the squad that will progress, and another one or two with prospects, but the urgency is clear.

TBH, I think Txiki and Pep should stay for
2 more seasons at least to oversee this transition, which might also see Ederson, Rodri & Haaland leave, because that’s basically the whole fucking starting line up, bar a few notable exceptions.

Throw in that Stones is not young and Ake is not young, and you really do have a starting line-up that might not be here in 24-36 months!!

If Zubimendi is the first piece of that puzzle, I’m all ears, but I’m not convinced the player is that interested, and City are rarely “Johnny Come Lately” to big signings they’re interested in.

I’m expecting a S.American player or two to be brought into midfield. They have bite & fight and don’t usually cost a fortune. That said, they need to have the requisite skill set to fit into this squad!

It would be great if City could persuade him to come but would he sit on the bench after Rodri comes back, that's the million dollar question.
Why would he sit on the bench? Rodri has been saying for ages that he plays too much. They can rotate and also play together as he’d go ahead of Kovačić Gündoğan Lewis Stones in central midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.