Martín Zubimendi

And may be his biggest concern ?
If he wanted a walk in position at a team capable of winning the champions league then I'd say yes, but he'd be excluded from the squad I assume. He'd know that he would have 6 months to make a case for starting over Rodri.

He's suddenly better than Bernardo, Gundog, Kovacic and KDB?

Don't think so he'd be Rodri's understudy like for Spain.

I don't think KDB, Gundo and Bernie will be here in 2026/2027 season...

Till then, as Pep says, Rodri will need 1 year to fully recover, which means that he will have small injuries in 2025/2026 season...

I don't think KDB, Gundo and Bernie will be here in 2026/2027 season...

Till then, as Pep says, Rodri will need 1 year to fully recover, which means that he will have small injuries in 2025/2026 season...
Well now you've added a date for two seasons time that's a bit different.

We're unlikely to even have Pep by then so the team will be much changed.

Feel like we have been wary of signing a high profile player because Rodri will always start when fit. We need a player that can play alongside him but also cover him which means a top player. Gundo and Kov are great but this would be a better signing.

Feel like we have been wary of signing a high profile player because Rodri will always start when fit. We need a player that can play alongside him but also cover him which means a top player. Gundo and Kov are great but this would be a better signing.
I'm happy for Pep to think otherwise, but that's why I doubt Zubimendi is the player for us. Can't see him playing alongside Rodri, and also can't see him wanting to be Rodri's back up ,he has that problem with Spain. I agree with your post just don't think Zubimendi is the right player.

I'm happy for Pep to think otherwise, but that's why I doubt Zubimendi is the player for us. Can't see him playing alongside Rodri, and also can't see him wanting to be Rodri's back up ,he has that problem with Spain. I agree with your post just don't think Zubimendi is the right player.
I think they could. We've seen Rodri expand his game to a more all rounded CM, he could be pushed forward or back into the Stones CB/DM role depending on the knee etc if needed.

I think they could. We've seen Rodri expand his game to a more all rounded CM, he could be pushed forward or back into the Stones CB/DM role depending on the knee etc if needed.
Don't think it's creative enough for me, but as I say if Pep thinks I'm wrong that's good enough for me.

Don't think it's creative enough for me, but as I say if Pep thinks I'm wrong that's good enough for me.
kinda agreed, no less creative than a Stones/Rodri pairing, would need more from the four behind Haaland though i;d much prefer that sild base over this 316 thing at the minute, far too open.

He's suddenly better than Bernardo, Gundog, Kovacic and KDB?

Don't think so he'd be Rodri's understudy like for Spain.
By the time Rodri comes back KDB will be 34 and might not even be here. Gundo will be close to 35 and absolutely not a better option than Zubimendi. Kova and Bernardo will both be 31 and heading into their last contracted years if they are even still here. What are you on about? Ya shouldn't be so aggressive if you're making a dusty point...just sayin'...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.