martial arts experts, question..

Bluesince1979

my lad is 10, he isnt the sporty type but im keen to get him involved in something and hopefully drag a bit of comfidence out of him and was thinking a martial art. i know nothing about any of them so which art would be best for him? i dont want one that involves actual 'fighting', more the art itself, any suggestions?

As above,Judo is perfect.
It instills confidence,discipline and gets you very fit plus it's very enjoyable.

Ju-Jitsu is probably better than Judo, in personal development terms. Since Judo is a sport thus competitive. Jujitsu is one of the Japanese martial arts, that instills discipline and respect to its pupils from the start. I did it for a fair few years when i was younger and introduced my shy son to it. His confidence levels certainly increased and though he could easily of used it in an aggressive manner he never did, but in equal terms he was never scared of any of the school bullies since he knew that if needed he could defend himself well.

Look for one with a wjjf affiliation

marcus said:
my lad is 10, he isnt the sporty type but im keen to get him involved in something and hopefully drag a bit of comfidence out of him and was thinking a martial art. i know nothing about any of them so which art would be best for him? i dont want one that involves actual 'fighting', more the art itself, any suggestions?
For personal mental confidence and self empowerment at his age i'dd say Tai Chi/Qigong are pefect starters whilst not goin over the top physically it can also be positively beneficial in overcoming any potential health worries and will keep him fit and his mind sharp.

'Capoeira' also incorporates dance moves, music, acrobatics and can be very educational for young lads and girls alike in many ways whilst still havin fun and not feelin under pressure !

marcus said:

muay thai ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.