Martin and Mark talk Kaka {Merged}

Re: Excellent Article with MH

This article just re-inforced my belief that Hughes is the right man for the job. For now and the foreseeable future. Bridge, De Jong and Bellamy, are all decent pieces in his rebuilding plan. You hear of managers building teams, "this is the second team he's built" etc., well its just possible that only a few of the players at the club come Februrary 2nd are in his plans for his second team.

Re: Martin and Mark talk Kaka

I must admit, even with th etalk of Kaka etc, that interview is the most positive and exciting thing to come out of City in a long time - "changing our mentality" is the most important phrase that could be used at our beloved.
Get on with it mate!

Re: Martin and Mark talk Kaka

i liked that read... and it felt openhearted, well written and a person that has learned from his career what to do and not to do... im sure that cook is a fast learner too otherwise he wouldnt have raised to that level in Nike...

lets see if this can be shown on pitch also... i like our new acquisitions to the squad... they will be good for us... and losing to nottingham has been a blessing in disguise i think... no player in the squad can say that they have played to many matches in january... ffs we only played 2 matches so far... they have had time to rest and train and get things in order like no other team has had in the league... they should all be up and running well from now on...

You only have to look at his acquisitions as manager to know that his head is screwed on. We HAVE to give him time to build a squad in his vision. But he must understand that considerable improvement is needed in the 2nd half of the season. He now has 7 or 8 of his own players in the mix. We expect to see visible signs of progress on a consistent basis now.

A brilliant interview from Hughes. His calm but firm candour is encouraging and humanising. I must admit that while I've backed Hughes from the start, my faith has wavered significantly at times this season, particularly following appalling displays against West Brom, Brighton and Forest. But as an earlier poster analogised so well, Hughes has a serious task in stripping down and refurbishing what was a fairly derelict set up.

The manager's performance in the transfer market, even considering the size of the purse, has so far been very impressive and has thrown up some excellent bargains in Kompany, SWP and Zabaleta. OK, so we got our arses smacked for Bellamy and (less so) De Jong, but if they come up with the goods I'll be more than happy to add them to the list of Hughes' good purchases.

We're in for some exciting times in the near future, with one of the continent's brightest managerial prospects at the helm. There are bound to be small errors and failures in the meantime but even the most highly-strung, reactionary members of our support have to acknowledge the hefty magnitude of the club's larger ambitions. To this end, it's important now to get behind the team and the manager, irrespective of interim reservations or grievances.

That SWP/Hughes picture reminded me of

david_hasselhoff_knight_rider.preview.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.