Martin Demichelis confirmed

Gaylord du Bois said:
taconinja said:
willy eckerslike said:
Just saw that and thought the same. Perhaps he's been bought to make Garcia look faster!
He's been bought because he knows the system and can help getting everyone else on the same page. He's cover and not a regular starter.
If he's not a regular then how the feck is he going to help anyone get on page?
Did you just seriously ask that question? Training. Just like Patrick Vieira helped getting everyone on the same page with Mancini's system. Kompany already can play well in Pellegrini's system, and so can Nastasic. When one of them goes out, you need someone to step in and be on the same page.

karen7 said:
Pellegrini59 said:
Bloody ell, sky's South American correspondent just tore into Demichelis.

Said he was too slow for the PL, and was booed off the pitch when he played in an international for Argentina. A back up option at best.

I am not taking his word over someone who has managed him for several years
Well by the way he's been described it sounds like gets got the turning circle of the Queen Mary and twice its size too.

Gaylord du Bois said:
karen7 said:
Pellegrini59 said:

Said he was too slow for the PL, and was booed off the pitch when he played in an international for Argentina. A back up option at best.

Well by the way he's been described it sounds like gets got the turning circle of the Queen Mary and twice its size too.

we will soon find out

Gaylord du Bois said:
karen7 said:
Pellegrini59 said:

That's near enough how he described him
In fact he said he wasn't just dropped from the Argie team he was thrown out
And the fans turned on him during the game for being so bad

I guess we can make our own mind up when we see him play.

He will help with adapting to the new defensive style and is experienced. Pellegrini knows him and got the best out of him so I hope that he lives up to that. I've always considered the best CB pairing to have one with positional leadership and the other with pace to cover the ball over the top. It does worry me with the high pressing that our CB's have been left very flat footed. Saying that though, Lescott doesn't inspire much confidence when under pressure because his actual ability on the ball is somewhat lacking. So far we have done a lot of pressing without winning the ball back which means we are not getting tight enough to the opposition and they have an outlet. The pressing game is essential if we are to be a top team in Europe, Mourinho has always had his teams press, Bayern and Barca do it as well. That is why the players at the top all have ability on the ball so that under pressure they can find a pass and keep hold of it.

taconinja said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
taconinja said:
He's been bought because he knows the system and can help getting everyone else on the same page. He's cover and not a regular starter.
If he's not a regular then how the feck is he going to help anyone get on page?
Did you just seriously ask that question? Training. Just like Patrick Vieira helped getting everyone on the same page with Mancini's system. Kompany already can play well in Pellegrini's system, and so can Nastasic. When one of them goes out, you need someone to step in and be on the same page.
Yes I did. Are you really comparing him to Patrick Vieira? So we've bought him as a defensive coach firstly and a player second? Sorry but Im not buying that. If he's to make an impact within our set up it has to be on the pitch as a player otherwise the players won't have trust in him for starters,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.