Martin Demichelis confirmed

Marvin said:
Do you think Pellegrini will continue Mancini's policy of playing a left sided centre-back with a right sided centre-back?

We broke this rule v Hull and looked very very tentative bringing the ball out of defence yet apart from an error in the 1st half, Hart was virtually unemployed.

Demichelis has the quality and experience to start but he's right footed so maybe he will cover for Kompany? I'd like to see him start alongside Kompany. He looks very good bringing the ball out of defence
I was a little surprised Lescott played on the right and Nastasic on the left, presumably because Lescott is the more senior player, but Nastasic is more comfortable on the ball and i think would have coped better playing out from the other side. Lescott looked even more panicked and uncomfortable than normal in possession. He looks like he's lost all his confidence to me, i'm sure he wasn't as bad a couple of years ago.

Demichelis role

Hi all,

Demichelis is a fantastic signing for us. I think that we were in trouble when Kolo left, but now we're all set with 4 centre backs. What's more is that he is a very experienced defender, and his stats are good especially tackling, heading and intercepting balls. Not sure why a lot of people think he is a bad signing. I think he's perfect because he's worked under Pellegrini with 3 different clubs now.

The problem is now, is he here to accept a bit-part role, or will he be starting Champions League matches with Kompany. Or will Nastasic still be higher in the pecking order and Demichelis is mainly here to provide cover when Kompany is resting or in the FA Cup. I'm still confused why people rate him badly, although I've mostly gathered its because of his pace on Fifa...

Here's an awesome video by the way:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAoJazHBGuY[/youtube]

We'd have been better off playing Garcia and Nasty together, but I think Pellegrini decided to go for the experience of Lescott over Garcia. The trouble is he's very left footed. I don't think he'll repeat that again

I suppose the manager has to learn about his players. And this is all part of changing manager

Re: Demichelis role

I'll put a question out to fans...

Does anyone think that Nasty could make a useful full back as well as a CB? I'm thinking that he could I ever tactics were put in place to play three at the back again. That would enable each of Demi, Vinny and Nasty to figure in the same line up, allowing Clichy or Kolarov to play predominantly as wing backs.

I'm no cynic said:
I'll put a question out to fans...

Does anyone think that Nasty could make a useful full back as well as a CB? I'm thinking that he could I ever tactics were put in place to play three at the back again. That would enable each of Demi, Vinny and Nasty to figure in the same line up, allowing Clichy or Kolarov to play predominantly as wing backs.

Not necessarily but he is left footed. I think he would need to be a little bit more agile. I think the idea of playing with wing backs was the 3-5-2 from Mancini last year. Pellegrini plays with 1 of 3 flexible formations, none of which have 3 defenders. At least we have options though.

Saif1994 said:
Hi all,

Demichelis is a fantastic signing for us. I think that we were in trouble when Kolo left, but now we're all set with 4 centre backs. What's more is that he is a very experienced defender, and his stats are good especially tackling, heading and intercepting balls. Not sure why a lot of people think he is a bad signing. I think he's perfect because he's worked under Pellegrini with 3 different clubs now.

The problem is now, is he here to accept a bit-part role, or will he be starting Champions League matches with Kompany. Or will Nastasic still be higher in the pecking order and Demichelis is mainly here to provide cover when Kompany is resting or in the FA Cup. I'm still confused why people rate him badly, although I've mostly gathered its because of his pace on Fifa...

I'm starting a campaign to get you banned the next time you start a thread that includes a video.

#annoyingselfpublicist

ayrshire_blue said:
Welcome!

Very good signing imo. Experienced, knows the manager well, solid. Add to that he's not on huge wages and wasn't a hugely expensive deal.

The only thing I will say is we should have picked him up from Malaga so we didn't have to pay the fee. As soon as we knew for certain Kolo would be leaving - that was our cue and I don't know why we didn't react sooner.

I was thinking about this today, Ayrshire, this is a possible scenario.

From January, long before Mancini was going to lose his job, and Pellegrini was lined up to replace him, Demichelis was free to talk to other clubs.

So maybe he signed for Atletico quite a while ago, but details only became known after last season finished.

Demichelis used to play for Bayern Munich in the past . I hope he isn't another Maicon well past his sell by date .

Davs 19 said:
Saif1994 said:
Hi all,

I'm starting a campaign to get you banned the next time you start a thread that includes a video.

#annoyingselfpublicist

Woah woah woah you got it wrong #ITKSuperSpecialKnowledge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.