Martin Demichelis confirmed

Gaylord du Bois said:
taconinja said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
If he's not a regular then how the feck is he going to help anyone get on page?
Did you just seriously ask that question? Training. Just like Patrick Vieira helped getting everyone on the same page with Mancini's system. Kompany already can play well in Pellegrini's system, and so can Nastasic. When one of them goes out, you need someone to step in and be on the same page.
Yes I did. Are you really comparing him to Patrick Vieira? So we've bought him as a defensive coach firstly and a player second? Sorry but Im not buying that. If he's to make an impact within our set up it has to be on the pitch as a player otherwise the players won't have trust in him for starters,
It's an analogy. Not a direct comparison. Managers often bring in a player comfortable with the system. Always have and always will. He can't be worse than Lescott, so he'll have an impact immediately.

House%20Martin,%20Swanton%20Morley,%206-Sep-08%20(A).JPG

demi-prg.gif

120127%2Bche%2Bcigar.jpg

simple-fleur-de-lis-tattoo-on-hip.jpg

i reckon he'll play every game until kompany is fit
and then carry on as kompany's left-sided partner
just my opinion
very very good signing
to top off a fantastic set of buys
couldn't be any happier

calum down said:
House%20Martin,%20Swanton%20Morley,%206-Sep-08%20(A).JPG

demi-prg.gif

120127%2Bche%2Bcigar.jpg

simple-fleur-de-lis-tattoo-on-hip.jpg

i reckon he'll play every game until kompany is fit
and then carry on as kompany's left-sided partner
just my opinion
very very good signing
to top off a fantastic set of buys
couldn't be any happier

Flying, fat, murdering french?

Worst Case Ontario said:
So a slower and older version of Lescott, let's see if his positioning everyone is raving about is truth or myth, welcome
A few Bayern München fans post on this site and one has said he's okay and works hard but is inconsistent, and the other said he's okay but prone to mistakes here and there. They both watched him for five/six seasons.

Whenever I've seen him he's seemed quite good. Nothing special but not bad by any means. I think he had the best season of his career last season and seemed to like working with Pellegrini. He'll be a good back up I reckon, he's got experience and knows Pellegrini's defensive tactics.

Kompany and Nastasić first choice, Dimichelis first back up.

He went through a really shaky patch a few years ago, before he left Bayern, where he basically looked like he'd forgotten how to defend and totally lost his confidence, especially for Argentina. Took a step back to Malaga and has gradually recovered and improved under Pellegrini.

Hopefully he'll carry on with that when he plays, and he should help the defence initially settle into the new style after such a long and successful time under Mancini.

I think its a good signing personally, he's known as been very professional for a start, he will know he is a backup but seems happy to get a chance in the PL.

Maybe Pellegrini and Txiki see him as someone who will do a good job as backup for a few years then coach? Not saying all players are cut out for coaching but when managers are around players all the time they get a good sense for the right sort of guys they want behind the scenes

Do you think Pellegrini will continue Mancini's policy of playing a left sided centre-back with a right sided centre-back?

We broke this rule v Hull and looked very very tentative bringing the ball out of defence yet apart from an error in the 1st half, Hart was virtually unemployed.

Demichelis has the quality and experience to start but he's right footed so maybe he will cover for Kompany? I'd like to see him start alongside Kompany. He looks very good bringing the ball out of defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.