Martin Demichelis (continued)

Re: Martin Demichelis

Even if he's past his best (he was terrific in his early Bayern years), Demichellis offers much more than any of the other centrebacks to our style of play. Some of his sliding tackles remind me of De Jong, and he's probably one of the best headers of the ball. He likes to play with a bit of risk that sometimes haunts him, but I can't remember him costing us 2 or 3 points. Somehow the media acts like he is our 30 million defender and are very critical. However Dzeko escaping Ferdinand with ease would never have happened to Demichellis.

I love his ability to trust himself with the ball and the way he moved up into midfield at United because he knew he could play the pass.

Going to be a really handy squad player for us over the next 12-18 months.

I don't know what people expected for 4 million
Apart from diving in he is pretty good overall
Seems to be better when he is leading and not so well following vinnie
Given injuries and letting kolo go we would have really been in the shit if we didn't have him

Played well today. But he does have a weakness and the weakness can't be covered over just because he has played well recently. His weakness is against mobile strikers with pace. For that reason I fear that it may be exposed again in the game against Liverpool.

Demichelis has been playing lights out the last few games and was easily the best player in the defence. He was spotlighted in the NBCSports36 which was aired in the U.S. last week. Wonder why he speaks more English than Kun or David who have been in England for a few years now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.