Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
steviemc said:
Pablo1 said:
steviemc said:
Afraid I'm not a librarian, you can have a look through if you fancy?
It was a genuine question, I've read most of the posts regarding yesterday's game in this thread and the MOTD one and couldn't recall any which stated that they'd only watched the highlights and then supplied a review of his performance. If anyone has then you're obviously right, it has no merit whatsoever.
No worries. In future I'll remember to take down the full details of posters, relevant threads and date of postings. Although usually I've other things to do, so maybe you can do that for me? ;-)
So basically your first post was bollocks?

Pablo1 said:
I've read most of the posts regarding yesterday's game
Pablo1 said:
You seem to have a real problem. I think MD is good, you don't, get over it.
Keep yourself occupied and read them all if it'll keep you busy, rather than pestering me and trying to start a pissing contest.

steviemc said:
Pablo1 said:
Pablo1 said:
Keep yourself occupied and read them all if it'll keep you busy, rather than pestering me and trying to start a pissing contest.
Not really the case that. I do rate him, he worries me with his tendency to jump in and his lack of pace has seen him caught out more than once but overall, for the way we now set up he's probably the best bet we have to partner Kompany.
You said people were discussing his performance from yesterday after only watching the highlights from MOTD and listening to Hansons criticsm. I hadn't seen anyone do that.
I won't be pestering you again.

bored at work said:
Not perfect, but pretty fuckin good after a dozen or so games in a new league.
Unfortunately for the post takeover City fan, every City player has to be world class these days, or they're just shit, and/or they also have to be instantly perfect, there is no time to settle in.

I swear some make comments without even watching us.

Pablo1 said:
steviemc said:
Pablo1 said:
Pablo1 said:
Not really the case that. I do rate him, he worries me with his tendency to jump in and his lack of pace has seen him caught out more than once but overall, for the way we now set up he's probably the best bet we have to partner Kompany.
You said people were discussing his performance from yesterday after only watching the highlights from MOTD and listening to Hansons criticsm. I hadn't seen anyone do that.
I won't be pestering you again.
No offence intended anyhow, we're all blues at the end of the day. I'm glad we agree on something regarding MD. My simple comment was obviously made in response to posts I had read, as it would have been utterly pointless otherwise. If you have trawled through hundreds of posts and could not find the culprit/s, then I'm sorry, however there's not a great deal I can do about it.

I'll try not to post bollocks in future ;-)

Demichelis does OK. Nastastic is better and if Nasy is fit for Thursday then he will play LCH.
I just have a feeling that Pellers will play Demichelis at Right Back if Nasty is fit and Zab is not fit - Especially as Clichy didn't do a particularly good job at Right back against Fulham.

BlueAnorak said:
Demichelis does OK. Nastastic is better and if Nasy is fit for Thursday then he will play LCH.
I just have a feeling that Pellers will play Demichelis at Right Back if Nasty is fit and Zab is not fit - Especially as Clichy didn't do a particularly good job at Right back against Fulham.

Agree that Nastastic is the better choice against most teams. I hope Demichelis isn't put in at RB - he's too slow.

Not surprised Clichy got turned a few times against Fulham. He is a very left sided LB at the best of times and playing on the right is never going to work for him. In the absence of Zaba and Richards, we are a bit stuck for a RB. Might be one for James Milner

I am tending the agree with Hansen on this he is bit of a liability. When he's back Nasty will be back in for sure. But personally beyond this season Demichelis is not the answer we'll need someone much more mobile.

Regardless of what Alan F Hansen says.. I was concerned during the Norwich game at how much MD gave the ball away under little pressure. I don't expect him to be perfect for 4 million but you give the ball away behind your midfield and they can't help you, and you're in serious danger of being punished. Although Lescott looks like he's playing in syrup and invariably passes back at least we retain possession. For me Lescott should start in front of DM.

cleavers said:
bored at work said:
Not perfect, but pretty fuckin good after a dozen or so games in a new league.
Unfortunately for the post takeover City fan, every City player has to be world class these days, or they're just shit, and/or they also have to be instantly perfect, there is no time to settle in.

I swear some make comments without even watching us.

The guy is 33 years old. Has played for big teams. How long should he be given? He'll be gone at the end of the year. Didn't take Negredo, Aguero, Dinho, Nasty etc.. long to settle in. I think this "settling in" is vastly overrated. Good players play well. Our defense has been very poor this season and he has played his part in that. Is he the only one? Certainly not. But when our LB's have been poor, and both our RB's are injured we can't patiently wait around for a very experienced player to "settle in". And being as good as Kolo or Lescott is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.