Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather have him than kolo toure for me the answer is yes. He is in effect everything lescott is not and lescott is everything he isnt together they would make the complete defender. He is fantastic on the ball and looks to get us going forward much more quickly, on the ball i prefer Martin without it I would rather Lescott be sat at CB with Kompany. The question i guess is, would you rather a lesser defender who can create and spring counter attacks with a quick ball to the wing playing a much more dangerous forward pass putting the other team on the back foot, or a more solid CB who needs the quick short option and is prone to a mistake when put under pressure.

steviemc said:
Pablo1 said:
steviemc said:
I'm amazed how some fans didn't see the complete game, yet supplied a review of Martin Demichelis on the basis of MOTD. That's about as useful as judging a player's quality on the basis of of a few youtube clips.
Which fans are these?
Afraid I'm not a librarian, you can have a look through if you fancy?
It was a genuine question, I've read most of the posts regarding yesterday's game in this thread and the MOTD one and couldn't recall any which stated that they'd only watched the highlights and then supplied a review of his performance. If anyone has then you're obviously right, it has no merit whatsoever.

BlueMoonie said:
Would you rather have him than kolo toure for me the answer is yes. He is in effect everything lescott is not and lescott is everything he isnt together they would make the complete defender. He is fantastic on the ball and looks to get us going forward much more quickly, on the ball i prefer Martin without it I would rather Lescott be sat at CB with Kompany. The question i guess is, would you rather a lesser defender who can create and spring counter attacks with a quick ball to the wing playing a much more dangerous forward pass putting the other team on the back foot, or a more solid CB who needs the quick short option and is prone to a mistake when put under pressure.
Me also !

BlueMoonie said:
That's it in a nutshell. Two entirely different styles and players. Neither of which has done that much wrong this season.

I was a bit concerned about this signing from the outset as he was available on a free, had previously worked with Pellegrini and yet we were chasing Pepe for a fee reported to be 30 million. The fact we returned to him and paid 4 million highlights we had clearly exhausted other options and was not a first choice signing.

His tendency to dive in is alarming and he does lack the ability to recover. It will be interesting to see once Nastasic returns whether he returns to the team as the pursuit of Pepe suggests he would not be his first choice centre back either.

Pablo1 said:
steviemc said:
Pablo1 said:
Which fans are these?
Afraid I'm not a librarian, you can have a look through if you fancy?
It was a genuine question, I've read most of the posts regarding yesterday's game in this thread and the MOTD one and couldn't recall any which stated that they'd only watched the highlights and then supplied a review of his performance. If anyone has then you're obviously right, it has no merit whatsoever.
No worries. In future I'll remember to take down the full details of posters, relevant threads and date of postings. Although usually I've other things to do, so maybe you can do that for me? ;-)

BlueMoonie said:
I really think this guys is grossly underrated on BM. He is as good of a defender as Lescott. And he doesn't miss often when he jumps the ball, so I don't know why this is a serious complaint. It's like complaining about Kompany often fouling the striker anytime he comes from behind. It happens. It's part of Kompany's game. Just like intercepting and reading the game very well, is part of Demechelis.

I don't get a lot of the complaint. He is a fantastic defender who is aging. Sure he will have some gaffs, but no different from Kompany flipping a ball into our net. This things happen. And they are not that much more prevalent in MDM's game, just more talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.