Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would get the nod ahead of Garcia for me if we were ever to go for a 3 man midfield.

Can't help but feel he should be threatening aerially. A man of his ability in the air needs to be scoring more headers, has he got any thus far?

TBF, I prefer him as a DM than a CB. I read his interview today where he said he's actually played most of his career as a DM and was only converted to a CB during the latter stages of his Bayern career.

He seriously impressed me against Spuds when he moved into midfield.......

His anticipation is top class, as is his passing & aerial ability.

He has to be 3rd choice DM now.

He was shit in defence and he is shit in midfield. He is basically just shit. Everyone can see it apart from Pellegrini who seems blind to his shit performances. What Milner must think seeing him start ahead of him in midfield.

RandomJ said:
He was shit in defence and he is shit in mindfield. He is basically just shit. Everyone can see it apart from Pellegrini who seems blind to his shit performances. What Milner must think seeing him start ahead of him in midfield.
I don't think he was our worst player today, that tells you all you need to know about today's game.

shevtheblue said:
RandomJ said:
He was shit in defence and he is shit in mindfield. He is basically just shit. Everyone can see it apart from Pellegrini who seems blind to his shit performances. What Milner must think seeing him start ahead of him in midfield.
I don't think he was our worst player today, that tells you all you need to know about today's game.

You can't blame the back 4 when Demichelis is off his feet and out of position on every Chelsea break, he was a liability out there but at the end of the day he didn't decide the teamsheet

he was overwhelmed, it is clear to the man in the street - nevermind a premier league manager - that demichellis could not have coped with the opposing midfield and he should have been reinforced instead of being left to look like an amateur,

im not much of an MDM fan but tonight i blame Pelle for showing him up.

shevtheblue said:
RandomJ said:
That was the worst performance anyone has put in for us all year imo, so I don't know who you thought was worse than him tonight. Absolutely useless. Just lunged in and overcommited himself again and again, then compounded it by making no attempt whatsoever to even try and get back and make up for it. Showed that he has absolutely no clue how to play in midfield, so hopefully that's the last we see of him there

Most of the time he did his job reasonably well tonight. His pass completion was 90% and he won the most tackles of anyone on the pitch.

However, when he did make a mistake (and there were several), they were very dangerous and nearly all due to outright recklessness or being caught out of position. Frankly, as calm and composed as he looks on the ball most of the time, when a player runs at him he scares the shit out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.