Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just can't play in a 4-4-2 with Yaya against Chelsea. It's not his fault, although all that diving in on Hazard didn't help in the first half.

BigOscar said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Can't understand the amount of vitriol he's getting. He did OK, considering he was playing out of position, and got little support from his team mates. Yaya was the one who let me down the most, but some fans are too easily misled by TV pundits, and will just pick on the easier target like Demichelis, or Garcia.
It's because he constantly overcommited himself and left us completely exposed. We all know that Yaya won't track back particularly, so his partners job is to cover for him and make sure they do. That's not even Fernandinho's natural game, but he understands what is required and does it brilliantly. Demichellis on the other hand just constantly charged at whoever had the ball and threw himself at them. Obviously that will result in a few succesful tackles, but the rest of the time it completely removes you from the game and gives the opposition a free run at our defence. That might be alright if you're last man, but constantly doing it on the halfway line is just suicidal

Yeh but maybe that's because his lack of pace means he was totally exposed and it was either make a challenge or get skinned for pace. Basically he shouldn't have been playing in that position, not got the legs for it.

He wasn't bad, just because we are missing Fernandinho that much, probably some of our posters have to blame someone. We just cannot replace Ferna but that is not really Demichelis' fault... He was fine but we aren't on the same level against top teams when we're missing Fernandinho.

Firing in "passes" to SIlva and Yaya like he was shooting, if I'm Rodwell or Jimmy I'm knocking on Pellers door first thing in the morning.

He wasn't as bad as people are making out but he certainly isn't meant to be used in midfield

Demichelis was fine, as was Yaya. Unfair to compare him to Fernandinho. Just foolish to think they'd be ok in that midfield against Chelsea's 5.

FromPollockToSilva said:
pudge said:
Firing in "passes" to SIlva and Yaya like he was shooting, if I'm Rodwell or Jimmy I'm knocking on Pellers door first thing in the morning.

Rodwell would probably break his wrist.
Would still put him ahead of Demichelis

I did expect Demichelis to come off for Milner late in the second half. He looked tired and was on a yellow card.
I can only assume Milner is not 100% fit with his groin problem and MP is trying to look at a bigger picture?

I'm a big Pellers fan but he left me scratching my head tonight. Demechelis fuckin hopeless in holding mf and should have been replaced by Milner, he hooked the beast when Edin was an absolute no show and he failed to alter the shape when it was crying out for 5 across the middle for the best part of an hour.
I hope to fuck Fernandhinio is back for Barca cos if he plays that midfield it will be all over by the end of the first leg. Grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.