Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that is starting to annoy me is the way some city fans seem to have a hate figure in the team but can not given any reasonable explanation in to way they think he is shit. It seems to make them more popular with others and make them seem like they actually have an idea of what they are talking about in a crowd.

Back on to MDM I thought he had a solid game up to the point of the penalty and broke down a lot of attacking play on the edge of the box. He was in a catch 22 situation when the sending off incident happened because what ever he had chosen it would have been his fault. Cold light of day does not help in the heat of battle.

There is a large group near me that are all pro Lescott and anti MDM and Nastasic. Even though I offer them numerous examples that Lescott is now too slow, not comfortable on the ball, can not pass, a major fuck up waiting to happen (QPR fine example). They just wont have it. When that back pass from a good 35 yards out went straight for a corner I just had to laugh. 250 Million people worldwide watching and we've got this useless fucker kicking a ball out for a corner.

there is a general consensus MDM was solid until the penalty and that arguably he was put in that position by Kompany. I agree with it.

MDM was a key part of the very assured 1st half display that completely nullified Barca (top achievement) and, whilst he had some poor moments in possession in the opening 15 mins, the team/crowd was affected by nerves as well.

Demichelis is a liability. Slow, reckless and poor passer of the ball.

I agree he played relatively well last night up until the mindless, reckless challenge that could have potentially lost us the tie (while I agree, Kompany put him in that situation). If Demichelis doesn't make the tackle, lets Messi in on goal, he scores, it's 1-0...but we has 11 men on the park. Barcelona weren't better than us last night, and we could have got one back with 11 men, but instead, we went down to 10 due to his recklessness, and gave ourselves a mountain to climb by conceding another by poor defending.

My opinions on our centre halves:

Demichelis - Decent football brain, but reckless, slow and a liability - get rid
Lescott - Not a footballer, but a half-decent shot-blocker. Having said that, he can't pass or control the ball, and he's slow - will leave on a free
Nastasic - Lots of potential, going through a bad spell of form and injury - must keep him!

This guy is fucking shite. The sending off im not even bothered about, it was about the only right thing he did last night. He is just fucking shit, he plays because he can pass the ball but as he is paid to be a defender I would expect him to be able to at least carry that job out to some sort of effect. He makes Savic look incredible

BoyBlue_1985 said:
This guy is fucking shite. The sending off im not even bothered about, it was about the only right thing he did last night. He is just fucking shit, he plays because he can pass the ball but as he is paid to be a defender I would expect him to be able to at least carry that job out to some sort of effect. He makes Savic look incredible

Lol

rick.mcfc.40145 said:
Demichelis is a liability. Slow, reckless and poor passer of the ball.

I agree he played relatively well last night up until the mindless, reckless challenge that could have potentially lost us the tie (while I agree, Kompany put him in that situation). If Demichelis doesn't make the tackle, lets Messi in on goal, he scores, it's 1-0...but we has 11 men on the park. Barcelona weren't better than us last night, and we could have got one back with 11 men, but instead, we went down to 10 due to his recklessness, and gave ourselves a mountain to climb by conceding another by poor defending.

My opinions on our centre halves:

Demichelis - Decent football brain, but reckless, slow and a liability - get rid
Lescott - Not a footballer, but a half-decent shot-blocker. Having said that, he can't pass or control the ball, and he's slow - will leave on a free
Nastasic - Lots of potential, going through a bad spell of form and injury - must keep him!

spot on

BoyBlue_1985 said:

with that statement you have confirmed you know fuck all about football.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Oh I do mate, I just dont like MDM

BoyBlue_1985 said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Oh I do mate, I just dont like MDM

I am just glad I have missed your other 30,000 posts because clearly they were total fucking nonsense as well

the originalkippaxman said:
The one thing that is starting to annoy me is the way some city fans seem to have a hate figure in the team but can not given any reasonable explanation in to way they think he is shit. It seems to make them more popular with others and make them seem like they actually have an idea of what they are talking about in a crowd.

Back on to MDM I thought he had a solid game up to the point of the penalty and broke down a lot of attacking play on the edge of the box. He was in a catch 22 situation when the sending off incident happened because what ever he had chosen it would have been his fault. Cold light of day does not help in the heat of battle.

There is a large group near me that are all pro Lescott and anti MDM and Nastasic. Even though I offer them numerous examples that Lescott is now too slow, not comfortable on the ball, can not pass, a major fuck up waiting to happen (QPR fine example). They just wont have it. When that back pass from a good 35 yards out went straight for a corner I just had to laugh. 250 Million people worldwide watching and we've got this useless fucker kicking a ball out for a corner.

How he played prior to that incident is (at this level) frankly irrelevant. These games even ties are often decided by one mistake. We were not playing some mid table Prem fixture.

The only decision he needed to make was to try to make it difficult for Messi to get a shot away. And if he couldn't do that then as a defender you stay on your feet and allow the goalkeeper to try and make the save. What you don't do is attempt to make a tackle from the right side of a left footed superstar when last man on the edge of the box. You invite the referee to send you off and give a penalty. That one decision, one brain freeze has ultimately cost us any hope of progressing in the CL. Its such fine details.

Does this make him a crap player? No. But he's let the team and manager down big time. Difficult to take on the chin. Easier to sometimes get beat and beaten well at this level and hold your hands up and say 'they were merely too good'. No City fan came away feeling like that. Regrets are horrible in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.