Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is easy and understandable to blame MDM because the combination of the sending off and going 1-0 down changed the whole complexion of the game, but ut's harsh. The initial error was Vinnie's: Messi was miles offside until Vinnie ran back - too far back - and Messi was able to step onside in between our two CBs. Only MDM appears to have seen the danger, and he was never - as Martin Samuel says in the Mail - "one on one" with Messi, but rather trying to get to him as he advanced on goal. His aim seems to have been to ignore the ball and take the little fella out outside the box - quite ruthless, pretty cynical and totally unsporting, but not a penalty either - and he succeeded. The ref gave the penalty from miles away, quite wrongly, but the red card quite rightly. 0-0 and ten men is a different game to 0 - 1 and down to ten. I would have preferred 0 - 1 with eleven like most, but MDM isn't the criminal lunatic most seem to be claiming.

che_don_john said:
The Flash said:
shemnel said:
I'm of the opinion MDM should have stayed on his feet, kept 11 men and let Hart try to save it.

what's done is done.

Totally agree.
I think most would agree, with hindsight. But find me a single centre-back at that level who, in the heat of the moment, wouldn't have tried to take Messi down outside the box (which, by the way, he actually succeeded in doing).

Demichelis is just our new scapegoat. We love to have them. Last season it was Kolarov. Fact of the mater is that Demichelis was the better option ahead of Lescott because he is calmer on the ball and possession is so valuable against a team like that. He had a really good game until the sending off (seems to have escaped people's attention that Barca didn't have a shot on target until then).

Navas lost the ball in an area where it only takes one pass to put someone in on goal. When possession changes hands like that so quickly. a defence is always going to be caught out if the first pass is quick enough (which Barca do so well). You could even argue that Vinny wasn't holding the line well (the other three defenders were playing Messi offside), but then that would be harsh on Vinny too because he was in that position to offer an option when we had the ball a fraction of a second earlier.

Solid post - People are forgetting the first half interception by MDM when Messi was driving into the box having got behind us. As you say he was excellent for 50 mins - to restrict Barca to one shot on target is no mean feat, so we should credit the team as a whole rather than crucify one of our own. You are correct, he is the new scapegoat - mainly from people who do not understand the game at the highest level and would prefer to listen to pundits like Roy Keane, Danny Mills and Robbie Savage. Finally Lescott 24million 90k per week MDM 3 million 30k per week put a little perspective on it don't you think? Not Lescotts fault I hear the reply but in his cameo last night it showed why we will have a new defence next season. Please credit the good stuff we do bluemooners and that includes some of the disgraceful comments about our manager. It has been a brilliant first season and to keep up these stupid comments will only do harm and who knows it may persuade one of our superstars (Silva or Augero) to leave for Spain. Rant over sorry!

He did nothing wrong, again, but he's now not being cut any slack whatsoever by a growing section of City fans who have readily picked up a baton of mis-truths and ill-informed opinions in the wider media.

Myths being turned into a reality.

The poor guy gets edgier by the week, as a result.

There's nothing wrong with his ability. He's no slower than Lescott or Nasty.

Pellegrini does see it, most don't.

He is the best of a bad bunch who can pass out of defence and does not treat the ball like a hand grenade.

Laughable moment last night in the space of five minutes. Lescott made an easy pass to a Barca shirt and Pellegrini just shook his head.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I think it is easy and understandable to blame MDM because the combination of the sending off and going 1-0 down changed the whole complexion of the game, but ut's harsh. The initial error was Vinnie's: Messi was miles offside until Vinnie ran back - too far back - and Messi was able to step onside in between our two CBs. Only MDM appears to have seen the danger, and he was never - as Martin Samuel says in the Mail - "one on one" with Messi, but rather trying to get to him as he advanced on goal. His aim seems to have been to ignore the ball and take the little fella out outside the box - quite ruthless, pretty cynical and totally unsporting, but not a penalty either - and he succeeded. The ref gave the penalty from miles away, quite wrongly, but the red card quite rightly. 0-0 and ten men is a different game to 0 - 1 and down to ten. I would have preferred 0 - 1 with eleven like most, but MDM isn't the criminal lunatic most seem to be claiming.

I didn't rate DeMichelis before last night and I saw nothing to make me change my mind that he's an accident waiting to happen.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He did nothing wrong, again, but he's now not being cut any slack whatsoever by a growing section of City fans who have readily picked up a baton of mis-truths and ill-informed opinions in the wider media.

He is the best of a bad bunch who can pass out of defence and does not treat the ball like a hand grenade.

Laughable moment last night in the space of five minutes. Lescott made an easy pass to a Barca short and Pellegrini just shook his head.

That backpass from Lescott still makes me laugh. We was playing well and giving it a real go until he did that.

hgblue said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

I didn't rate DeMichelis before last night and I saw nothing to make me change my mind that he's an accident waiting to happen.

Played well last night, does what the manager wants him to do, gets in the right position. You can see this if you watch live at the stadium

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Laughable moment last night in the space of five minutes. Lescott made an easy pass to a Barca short and Pellegrini just shook his head.

Indeed. The pace of the premier league sometimes catches him out but on the whole he's pretty solid. And let's face it, there are very few centrebacks out there at the moment that wouldn't look average next to a certain Mr Kompany.

Goater=Legend said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

That backpass from Lescott still makes me laugh. We was playing well and giving it a real go until he did that.

I thought Pellegrini was going to run on the pitch and chin Lescott.

Lescott would not even be here this season if Mancini had also remained in charge.

Are we saying both him and Pellegrini are wrong? Remind how great Lescott was in the Champions League last season?

Demichelis, for the £4m, for his technical ability, is a safer bet than our other options.

Doesn't make it right, but Pellegrini is working with his present reality, and I admire our manager for seeing what so many others can't.

steviemc said:
skybluepete said:
But never mind this fuckin manager loves his sorry arse and he can't do no wrong,
Pellegrini? The manager of the club you supposedly support.

skybluepete said:
Does this guy not like any english players, he's never linked with any either !!
Do you only call the manager by name when we win?
further, how many English players would get in our team?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Goater=Legend said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I thought Pellegrini was going to run on the pitch and chin Lescott.

Lescott would not even be here this season if Mancini had also remained in charge.

Are we saying both him and Pellegrini are wrong? Remind how great Lescott was in the Champions League last season?

Demichelis, for the £4m, for his technical ability, is a safer bet than our other options.

Doesn't make it right, but Pellegrini is working with his present reality, and I admire our manager for seeing what so many others can't.

A blind man can see that Lescott is shite with the ball at his feet, we had to play MDM last night and he was doing a decent job until the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.