Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot has gone unnoticed with him. Swansea at home just before half time last man he dived in like a mad man, obviously nowhere near the ball, striker skips past him and is then one on one with the keeper. Good job he blazed it over.

Get gone shit hair

cant understand why ppl are still backing him, a good defender doesnt keep making constant and costly mistakes, hes a liability only the ray charles and stevie wonders amongst us dont seem to realise this.
silly coments like "hes done well except for odd mistake" odd? constant i would say. costly?, certainly!!

but i guess mp between a rock and a hard place, mdm has gd movement, but hell hes slow and makes costly errors, against lescotts, well erm lack of movement, but again prone to mistakes.

be intrested to see what happens at barca with mdm banned

Surely no one can still stand by MD now? he costs us goals, games and many chances every game he takes part in. I know some will say 'hes a blue, i support all City players', i dont if they continously cost us games which MD does. Terrible signing, terrible player, hopefully he wont play any further part in the remainder of the season because if he does we have nxt to no chance of winning the league.

welsh_andy said:
cant understand why ppl are still backing him, a good defender doesnt keep making constant and costly mistakes, hes a liability only the ray charles and stevie wonders amongst us dont seem to realise this.
silly coments like "hes done well except for odd mistake" odd? constant i would say. costly?, certainly!!

but i guess mp between a rock and a hard place, mdm has gd movement, but hell hes slow and makes costly errors, against lescotts, well erm lack of movement, but again prone to mistakes.

I hate that, "he did well until he got sent off against Barcelona, or until he fucked up" comment. The key part of that being that he got a red card, or fucked up and the likes. It's part of his game, and if he does those things, he's not really had a good game then has he especially if he's cost us. Over the course of the season it's fair to say he was good apart from the odd mistake, but not every game he bloody plays.

BlueTG said:
welsh_andy said:

I hate that, "he did well until he got sent off against Barcelona, or until he fucked up" comment. The key part of that being that he got a red card, or fucked up and the likes. It's part of his game, and if he does those things, he's not really had a good game then has he especially if he's cost us. Over the course of the season it's fair to say he was good apart from the odd mistake, but not every game he bloody plays.

completely agree. or you get the occasional plonker comment "Vinnie made a mistake and cost us a goal last week but you dont say anything about him", yep a rare mistake from a world class CB, not a player who makes at least 1 mistake a game which effects the score.

and a guy in the lift at the ground had the nerve to say I didnt know my football after yet another dismal display by the donkey.

I don't think he's a naff player, otherwise he wouldn't be at our club. But Surely MP has to see that the system that is played, MDM isn't the right man to have at the back. Its hard, I don't want to berate the lad, cause he puts in a shift, but that right there is his downfall. He's forever making rash tackles and then getting caught, and its evident he can be on a one-one near the area. I only hope MP now see's it, and acts upon it.... not all doom and gloom though!

He plays because he's like ten thousand times better on the ball than Lescott. Our system relies on the CB to pick penetrating passes and be put under pressure. JL really looks overwhelmed when he plays in this regard. I think it's easy to see why the manager prefers him, he's terrified of JL being put under pressure and giving away 1 on 1s with the keeper.

That said, MDM is making more mistakes than JL would likely make with the ball, so I think it's obvious the manager needs Nastasic to get healthy or JL to play more and live with his faults. Demichelis is still pretty tidy with the ball and probably doesn't get enough credit from our fans for his ability to distribute, but there's no sense in playing a defender for his distribution if he's going to give away goals/pens and earn cards.

Incidentally, this is probably why MDM was playing as a CDM instead of Garcia. Garcia doesn't have the range or variety of pass that MDM has. Unfortunately, MDM's lack of pace is also a letdown for him in htis position. I don't bring this up to criticize Garcia...more just that I think it demonstrates that the manager really seems to value this trait. Rightly so, imo, in that I think a lot of the reason why we've been more fluid in attack this year has been that we've asked our centre defenders to be more adventurous in the pass.

First job for a centre half is to stop the opposition from scoring and im afraid the mistakes MDM makes is costing us now on a regular basis.
That said he is still being picked by our manager so he must shoulder some of the blame for this?
Don't know about other Blues but I continually get, What a donkey that pony tailed centre half is that you have !! and if other supporters can see this im sure opposition managers can too when doing their team talk?

Tom_mcfc said:
A lot has gone unnoticed with him. Swansea at home just before half time last man he dived in like a mad man, obviously nowhere near the ball, striker skips past him and is then one on one with the keeper. Good job he blazed it over.

Get gone shit hair

It is starting to catch up with him now. He has repeatedly dived in rashly and left us in the shit since very early on but he has been very lucky and pretty much none of the situations he put us in led to goals. It was always inevitable that at some point we'd start getting punished for those types of mistakes and Pellegrini must have known that. It is so frustrating because he has shown in a couple of games, particularly Newcastle away when we were being put under severe pressure, that he is capable of defending responsibly and patiently. I honestly just think he is complacent against sides he thinks aren't very good and constantly tries to take liberties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.