Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
East15East said:
controversial view, I thought Richards was at fault for both goals.

And I have never seen a defender go down so easily as he does. When I see him collapse and hurt in a heep when he could so easily get back on his feet and make an effort it tells me something about his character

I remember his early promise, and we all know he has ability. If he applied himself to learn and be more dedicated he would be first choice every week in my opinion

How was it Richards fault - some of you just won't let it lie, it was from a throwing , there ONLY striker gathered it, MD followed and got absolutely turned inside out, his man got the run on him, MD doesn't learn his lesson and tries to get a toe on the ball knowing he's at risk of giving a penalty away- penalty given.
Savic got slaughtered for less- what's the difference, this guy is making monumental errors in nearly every game now, thank fuck he's banned 2moro.

By the way are you saying that Micah should have been back wher MD ran into for the throwing ??

If you are i have to question what you mean and i would have to disagree, you will never see a full back from a throwing take up a position to defend that area . MD doesn't dive in-no danger -Wigan dont go 1-0 up-SIMPLE .

It's been said, and said fairly, I think, that Demichelis in fact looks quite classy for about 80%, even 85% of the game. But his balls-ups are big time balls-ups. But if Joleon is played he will make balls-ups too (remember that crummy header against a certain QPR, in a certain match in May 2012? Can you imagine if that had cost us the championship?! It gives me shivers just to think about it, even now). I like Joleon, but the truth is that neither of them are absolutely rock solid. I'm certain that Nastasic will come back to being the major central defender that he looked last season. Trouble is, we need him now (or someone as good as he was), urgently. And that's not going to happen this season. Frankly, I would play Vinny every single game from now on, without exception, if he stays fit. Because both Joleon and Demichelis are better defenders for having Vinny alongside them.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
It's been said, and said fairly, I think, that Demichelis in fact looks quite classy for about 80%, even 85% of the game. But his balls-ups are big time balls-ups. But if Joleon is played he will make balls-ups too (remember that crummy header against a certain QPR, in a certain match in May 2012? Can you imagine if that had cost us the championship?! It gives me shivers just to think about it, even now). I like Joleon, but the truth is that neither of them are absolutely rock solid. I'm certain that Nastasic will come back to being the major central defender that he looked last season. Trouble is, we need him now (or someone as good as he was), urgently. And that's not going to happen this season. Frankly, I would play Vinny every single game from now on, without exception, if he stays fit. Because both Joleon and Demichelis are better defenders for having Vinny alongside them.

Unfortunately that 15-20% is the time the opposition has the ball in our back third. I said it earlier in this thread that we will struggle to win the league with him in the team. Unfortunately it looks like that has stretched to the FA Cup and more than likely the Champions League and both games he has cost us goals.

We have had 4 seasons to find a decent partner for Vinny, not sure what the problem is with getting one. Mancini's last summer spending 50 million on Maicon, Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair and Nastastic stands out like a sore thumb. Should have signed Nastastic for 10 million and spent 20-30 on a decent centre half and still have money left over.

I have to agree that MD looks good for probably 80-90% of the game, against Barca i though he was superb but what was he thinking with that, if he'd have left Messi alone instead of hacking him down: worst scenario its 1-0 Barca but we would have had 11 men, by hacking him down he gave them a penalty and one man advantage the dick. I try and defend him but he makes so may mistakes, I would like Nasty back in or bring Rekik back for next season

To be fair, replays show that he made the tackle outside the area, although it didn't look like it in real time. We would have gone one man down, but no penalty. I suspect it's a snap decision that most defenders in the world would have made.
But I've just been looking again at the first goal by Wigan on the OS. That is a truly lousy decision by Demichelis. We have four defenders in the box. Five if you count Pants. Wigan have two players, and nobody else anywhere near. Demichelis is not coming in at an angle (as with Messi), he's behind the defender, who's pulling away from him. There's no way on earth that he can get that ball cleanly. Joleon is already moving to come across and cover, Pants has got his near post locked up. And given that Wigan are not Messi, I should say that there's about nine chances out of ten that that would have gone nowhere and led to nothing. It's a toss-up which is worse — Demichelis or Clichy allowing the Wigan striker to beat him. Both awful goals, in any case.

And in fact this brings me to another point about what makes Vinny so superior as a defender to everyone around him. He has pretty much constant 360° awareness. This means that he makes last ditch tackles when he knows he absolutely has to, cause he's on his own. And he can size up the angles that the striker has to shoot at in an instant. Otherwise he doesn't risk it.

Article in The Independent today:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/why-does-manuel-pellegrini-keep-picking-martin-demichelis-for-manchester-city-9182929.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 182929.htm</a>

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Article in The Independent today:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/why-does-manuel-pellegrini-keep-picking-martin-demichelis-for-manchester-city-9182929.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 182929.htm</a>

I think I missed his 'lunge' at Fortuné

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.