Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
True_Blue69 said:
grim up north said:
Which game where you watching

The one that did 4 or 5 simple passes straight to the opposition? Yep the same one I was watching then.

Like the poster said, defensively sound but his passing is not quite there at the minute, maybe down to the pace of the game.

But you completely ignore the numerous passes that actually went forward to someone in a blue shirt
give the ball away like that to a better team we would have been crucified!!

kevodevo said:
grim up north said:
True_Blue69 said:
The one that did 4 or 5 simple passes straight to the opposition? Yep the same one I was watching then.

Like the poster said, defensively sound but his passing is not quite there at the minute, maybe down to the pace of the game.

But you completely ignore the numerous passes that actually went forward to someone in a blue shirt

Vincent kicks it to the opposition a lot and did so against United in the first minute yet we didn't get crucified?

kippaxchris said:
kevodevo said:
grim up north said:

Vincent kicks it to the opposition a lot and did so against United in the first minute yet we didn't get crucified?

He was talking about when we play a decent team......

True_Blue69 said:
kippaxchris said:
kevodevo said:

He was talking about when we play a decent team......

I knew somebody was going to say that haha

I was watching the game with my bro who constantly knocked him due to the misplaced passes, no matter what I pointed out that he did good in the game before and after the mistakes he was completely blinkered to them, it seems alot like this thread to be honest. He has played at the highest level for years and you could see by his technique and reading of the game that he knows how to defend, the misplaced passes were lapses in concentration that he will cut out with more game time, for me him and Komps will make a formidable partnership and attackers will have to work damned hard to get past them.

Len Rum said:
OB1 said:
Len Rum said:
The only slight problem was that more often than not it was to an opposition player.

Why do people make comments like this?

MD attempted 72 forward passes and completed 64 of them. Please explain to me how that remotely equates to passing to the opposition more often than not?

He made 9 square passes and just 2 backwards.

Opinions are one thing but facts are another and its not hard to check such facts.
Fair play I did make a misleading comment.

Based on your stats of his 72 forward passes then about 10% went straight back to the opposition! ( one of which Elmander should have scored from) , that's a high percentage especially if you consider many of the 72 passes must have been fairly routine ( again no hard evidence, just from watching the game). Better teams will punish us if the 10% rate were to continue

He had 91% pass completion overall for the game. The best average for the season in the league so far is just over 94% for our very own Javi Garcia.

Are you all forgetting how well he played against Chelsea?

He gave the ball away. Once. Maybe twice. And then recovered.

The way he reads the game more than makes up for those minor mistakes. I'm completely sold on the guy. Once he's settled he'll be a regular starter with Vinny Kompany.

I'd even go as far as saying he's like Vinny but with a pony tail. There, I said it.

gave the ball away a few times but did very well to snuff out any other danger. norwich didn't offer much but him and nastasic completely shut them down (perhaps i should say fernandinho shut down norwich and the CBs merely assisted!)

Whilst I definitely think he's a good signing, the thing I think we were most in need of for when Kompany's out, is leadership. Can he organise a defence the way Kompany does? I'm not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.