Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Len Rum said:
grim up north said:
Passed the ball forward more in one match then Lescott does in a full season
The only slight problem was that more often than not it was to an opposition player.

Why do people make comments like this?

MD attempted 72 forward passes and completed 64 of them. Please explain to me how that remotely equates to passing to the opposition more often than not?

He made 9 square passes and just 2 backwards.

Opinions are one thing but facts are another and its not hard to check such facts.

Very composed performance by him yesterday considering it is only his second outing in the team.
Yes he may have misplaced a few passes but made an awful lot of them.
Looks a real threat on corners too.
A class player. Like him a lot.

OB1 said:
Len Rum said:
grim up north said:
Passed the ball forward more in one match then Lescott does in a full season
The only slight problem was that more often than not it was to an opposition player.

MD attempted 72 forward passes and completed 64 of them. Please explain to me how that remotely equates to passing to the opposition more often than not?

Opinions are one thing but facts are another and its not hard to check such facts.
Fair play I did make a misleading comment.

Based on your stats of his 72 forward passes then about 10% went straight back to the opposition! ( one of which Elmander should have scored from) , that's a high percentage especially if you consider many of the 72 passes must have been fairly routine ( again no hard evidence, just from watching the game). Better teams will punish us if the 10% rate were to continue

Len Rum said:
OB1 said:
Len Rum said:

Based on your stats of his 72 forward passes then about 10% went straight back to the opposition! ( one of which Elmander should have scored from) , that's a high percentage especially if you consider many of the 72 passes must have been fairly routine ( again no hard evidence, just from watching the game). Better teams will punish us if the 10% rate were to continue
He did make a couple of bad mistakes with his passes.

But nevertheless his ability to run with the ball out of defence and pick a through pass into midfield promised much. Many defenders can't do that. Kompany does it, and Nasty to an extent. Demichelis can play in midfield and you could see that technique in the game yesterday.

You are right he made some mistakes, but I like players who are prepared to take on some responsibility and make things happen.

He was very disappointed with his wayward passes. He's still getting up to speed after his injury & intro to a new league. He will get better. He's confident of this.

Marvin said:
Len Rum said:
OB1 said:

He did make a couple of bad mistakes with his passes.

But nevertheless his ability to run with the ball out of defence and pick a through pass into midfield promised much. Many defenders can't do that. Kompany does it, and Nasty to an extent. Demichelis can play in midfield and you could see that technique in the game yesterday.

You are right he made some mistakes, but I like players who are prepared to take on some responsibility and make things happen.

Spot on. He looked very classy on the ball and made some exceptional, sharp forward passes that helped to unlock Norwich. He made two passing errors that lead to attacks but overall, I think both he and we can be happy with his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.