Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
declovesvini33 said:
I'm sorry but Demichelis is a liability and it's been proven many times this season already tonight has just been the most fatal. As for most people's arguments as to why he should be in the side I'm not for one second accepting all this nonsense regarding his experience and his ball playing skills you! You pick your defence on who is best at preventing the other team scoring and at this moment that is Lescott (due to nastasic 's injuries and lack of form) when has any team ever picked a defenc because of it's ability on the ball it's priority is to prevent the other team scoring?
So you're saying that we should have a back four of cloggers when it is clear that all the best sides in the world all have defenders who are excellent on the ball and can defend also?

Was he just a last option bargain buy because we didn't get Pepe over the summer?

Has he performed in the majority of the games he's played?

Is he good enough in the big top level games?

It's a yes, yes, no to those questions from me.

He'll do a job but not for too long if you want my opinion.

...and as long as he's wearing blue I'll cheer him on.

Italian Manc said:
Was he just a last option bargain buy because we didn't get Pepe over the summer?

Has he performed in the majority of the games he's played?

Is he good enough in the big top level games?

It's a yes, yes, no to those questions from me.

He'll do a job but not for too long if you want my opinion.

...and as long as he's wearing blue I'll cheer him on.
Great post.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
declovesvini33 said:
I'm sorry but Demichelis is a liability and it's been proven many times this season already tonight has just been the most fatal. As for most people's arguments as to why he should be in the side I'm not for one second accepting all this nonsense regarding his experience and his ball playing skills you! You pick your defence on who is best at preventing the other team scoring and at this moment that is Lescott (due to nastasic 's injuries and lack of form) when has any team ever picked a defenc because of it's ability on the ball it's priority is to prevent the other team scoring?
So you're saying that we should have a back four of cloggers when it is clear that all the best sides in the world all have defenders who are excellent on the ball and can defend also?
I'd rather a defender who isn't necessarily good on the ball but does his job i.e. Lescott than a someone who can play the ball out but is quite frankly disastrous in defence i.e. Demichelis

declovesvini33 said:
declovesvini33 said:
I'd rather a defender who isn't necessarily good on the ball but does his job i.e. Lescott than a someone who can play the ball out but is quite frankly disastrous in defence i.e. Demichelis
"Disastrous" in defence oh ok then. He tried to tackle the worlds best player and caught him outside the area after trying to cover for his captain who'd played said attacker on side :-/

Marvin said:
declovesvini33 said:
But Lescott would present the ball to the opposition. barca press you and your defenders have to be very good on the ball. Hoof it up field and you don't see it for 3 minutes.
quite sure with Demichelis in the side we still only had about 30% possession and gave it away cheaply at the back? At then end of the day a defenders duty is to defend Lescott gives us that Demichelis on the other hand is just too unreliable

declovesvini33 said:
Marvin said:
declovesvini33 said:
But Lescott would present the ball to the opposition. barca press you and your defenders have to be very good on the ball. Hoof it up field and you don't see it for 3 minutes.
quite sure with Demichelis in the side we still only had about 30% possession and gave it away cheaply at the back? At then end of the day a defenders duty is to defend Lescott gives us that Demichelis on the other hand is just too unreliable
Fuck me he's gone from "Disastrous" to only unreliable in one post.

declovesvini33 said:
"Disastrous" in defence oh ok then. He tried to tackle the worlds best player and caught him outside the area after trying to cover for his captain who'd played said attacker on side :-/
can you really criticise Kompany who was immense tonight? At the the end of the day that tackle was plain stupid it not only gave away a goal but killed the tie by sending us down to ten men. That sums up what a liability he is and if you're forgetting Joleon and Vinny were in the best defence
in the league in our title winning season so why is it not good enough now?

-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am --

declovesvini33 said:
Marvin said:
<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 am --<br /><br />
declovesvini33 said:
declovesvini33 said:
can you really criticise Kompany who was immense tonight? At the the end of the day that tackle was plain stupid it not only gave away a goal but killed the tie by sending us down to ten men. That sums up what a liability he is and if you're forgetting Joleon and Vinny were in the best defence

declovesvini33 said:
if you're unreliable against teams like Barcelona it ends in disaster like tonight

declovesvini33 said:
declovesvini33 said:

declovesvini33 said:

-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 am --

declovesvini33 said:

if you're unreliable against teams like Barcelona it ends in disaster like tonight

No wonder you don't post much because you talk some fucking shite pal.

Lescott is limited as a player, he can block shots and get his head on the ball well but is no good with it at his feet.
Something the boss needs all his players to be comfortable with
He is also a couple of years older and the wrong side of 30 now and never had much pace to begin with.
There are you reasons he is not suitable for us now in a pairing against the top teams.

MD did fine and we came unstuck just twice all match against Barcelona.
We know he has no pace but he just got landed with Messi that one time, yeah you know the worlds best player.
Give me a break you utter fool.

Tonight was no disaster, these are the sensationalist words of a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.