Martin O'Neill

Stephen Kenny is a decent shout if the FAI decide to avoid a high-profile manager.
I heard on multiple occasions that the only reason Keane was involved was his profile, for the benefit of the TV and media coverage it brings.

Stephen Kenny is the best out of what I would describe as the realistic candidates but I just dont see them going that route.

Resigned as Ireland manager this morning. And the dog walker has gone as well. Five years in charge. But they've had a poor 2018,with only one win in eleven games. No win in their Nations League group.
That’s the trouble with O’Neil.Fat Sam warnock. Etc etc they’ll always get a job to top their retirement pots up. People just want dinosaurs that can survive at all costs in a certain league

2n3mc8.jpg

Whilst its a pretty poor current crop of players, I think he should have done that this time last year after missing out on the World Cup.

Keane shouldn't have been involved in the first place, and I wont go again if he is appointed as manager. I suspect many of the players will take the same view.

It will be interesting to see where the FAI go from here. Hughton would be my preference, but can't see him leaving Brighton for it at this stage.

Agree. But I stopped going long before that. I wouldn't have anything to do with them until John Delaney is gone and the FAI actual try to reform Irish Football from the ground up.
I'd like to see a complete overhaul in the manner of what the Belgians did.
Start trying to keep our best players in the League of Ireland rather than thinking they've made it in the Championship in England or lower.
Start coaching football skills from an early age and have the league teams play an identifiable brand of modern football.
Look at a longterm 5-10 year strategy. What would Delaney's yearly salary alone buy at grass roots level of the game.

Irish football needs a complete rethink, as it's going nowhere fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.