Martin O'Neill

The man is a myth and finally been called out. His best days were with Celtic when he has a decent squad in an average league.
He was decent at Leicester and Wycombe as well to be fair.
In his early days at Celtic he was pretty good , but his best days are long since gone.

He was decent at Leicester and Wycombe as well to be fair.
In his early days at Celtic he was pretty good , but his best days are long since gone.
He had a few good years at Villa as well. A few years playing in Europe and they were within striking distance of a Champions League place once or twice.

He had a few good years at Villa as well. A few years playing in Europe and they were within striking distance of a Champions League place once or twice.
Must admit I thought he was already beginning to go down hill at Villa , spent a lot of money on some fairly average players, never really punched above their spending.
He liked a big man up front and at the back.

Must admit I thought he was already beginning to go down hill at Villa , spent a lot of money on some fairly average players, never really punched above their spending.
He liked a big man up front and at the back.
In hindsight I think you're right. I vividly remember them finishing around 5th-6th for a few years running right around the Thaskin and early Abu Dhabi years when we were first pushing to break into the Champions League, so I think that's stuck with me for whatever reason.

They did love punting the ball up to big John Carew...

I have watch shit football for long enough and the FAI are screwed. They need a total over haul. Cant see Delaney resigning sadly. But for Irish football to move forward we need to look at the rugby team and how they have transformed into 1 of the best teams in the world. Now i know we wont ever get to that stage but what we do need to do is get a set up and get the real football coaches back in the set up.

1 get Brian Kerr into the Ireland set up head of development of under age football in Ireland or something get him back in with the young players. His teams brought through the Duffs , Dunnes and Robbie Keanes of the world to name a few he would be brilliant in that role and knows the league of Ireland all so well.

2 Stephen Kenny give him the job no pressure on him if he tries to play FOOTBALL time to get the fans back into the stadium. Will Kennys football do that job I think it will look up North and see what Michael O Neill is doing its putting us to shame. I think Kenny has the balls to do it.

3 Dont give the job to Big Sam or Mick McCarthy as 5 years down the road we be back to square 1.

4 Bring more former players back into the set up the only thing i like is that the FAI recently have brought in Damien Duff , Kenny Cunninghan , Mark Kinsella , Keith Andrews , Stephen McPhail , Andy Reid , Richard Dunne and Kevin Doyle into the set up at all under aged teams if they can get a few more former big time players into the set up it might give those young players a boost to learn from them.

5 League football Irish league football needs a totaly rebrand and get the fans involved do a huge marketing drive and get the money behind it. Invest in the stadiums and facilities and try and keep as many Irish players in Ireland. I dont think there is much difference between the League of Ireland and some teams playing in the championship and SPL. If the investment comes in then we may have a greater pool of players to pick from.

6 Irish players will always want to go to England to play football its natural but I think education and for some players maybe trying a team out in Europe might be the better route into playing for Ireland rather than going to England to try and get into a already stacked under age system in some of the teams in England.

Reactions: mat
I have watch shit football for long enough and the FAI are screwed. They need a total over haul. Cant see Delaney resigning sadly. But for Irish football to move forward we need to look at the rugby team and how they have transformed into 1 of the best teams in the world. Now i know we wont ever get to that stage but what we do need to do is get a set up and get the real football coaches back in the set up.

1 get Brian Kerr into the Ireland set up head of development of under age football in Ireland or something get him back in with the young players. His teams brought through the Duffs , Dunnes and Robbie Keanes of the world to name a few he would be brilliant in that role and knows the league of Ireland all so well.

2 Stephen Kenny give him the job no pressure on him if he tries to play FOOTBALL time to get the fans back into the stadium. Will Kennys football do that job I think it will look up North and see what Michael O Neill is doing its putting us to shame. I think Kenny has the balls to do it.

3 Dont give the job to Big Sam or Mick McCarthy as 5 years down the road we be back to square 1.

4 Bring more former players back into the set up the only thing i like is that the FAI recently have brought in Damien Duff , Kenny Cunninghan , Mark Kinsella , Keith Andrews , Stephen McPhail , Andy Reid , Richard Dunne and Kevin Doyle into the set up at all under aged teams if they can get a few more former big time players into the set up it might give those young players a boost to learn from them.

5 League football Irish league football needs a totaly rebrand and get the fans involved do a huge marketing drive and get the money behind it. Invest in the stadiums and facilities and try and keep as many Irish players in Ireland. I dont think there is much difference between the League of Ireland and some teams playing in the championship and SPL. If the investment comes in then we may have a greater pool of players to pick from.

6 Irish players will always want to go to England to play football its natural but I think education and for some players maybe trying a team out in Europe might be the better route into playing for Ireland rather than going to England to try and get into a already stacked under age system in some of the teams in England.
7. The FAI needs to do what the IRFU are doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.