Martin Samuel: The plot to shackle City & Chelsea

Seosa said:
pirate said:
Mr. Aguia said:
The world football model doesn't work in the states. If the championships were not based on the playoof model nobody would watch half the games because the championship would be won/lost and there is no relegation to keep fans interested. There are only 32 NFL franchises and their aren't enough good players to really fill out those teams let alone tripeling the number of clubs so they could do a relegation format. Even if they could I doubt it would work in the states. People only watch the elite level competition. People really don't follow minor league teams etc.. If the Atlanta Braves got relagated to the AAA league nobody would watch. Americans will watch the Olympics but not the Pan Ams or the world championships even though it's the same competitors because it's not "The best".

amercicans are glory hunters is what your saying

He wouldn't be wrong, would he.
Why let facts get in the way of stereotypes?

Apparently the new rules are being finalised at a meeting in April.

Richard Scudamore who wrote the rules is actually against them, I have emailed
rscudamore@premierleague.com
with my thoughts but maybe we should try to give a little ammunition to him besides this so at least greedy owners have an idea of how fans feel about these new regulations.

Perhaps an online petition would work? I'm sure other fans would join in as it is all of us who will have to foot the bills for income/expenditure difference; we are not fan-run Bundesliga clubs, there is nothing we can do to stop ourselves getting screwed once these rules actually pass.

Interestingly although the vote passed the principle and general idea of the PL FFP there needs to be a final vote approving them and making them actual rules.

Who is to say that at that point the vote will go against them.

Yeah, I was reading that in an article - I think Charles Sale's - the other week. Only one club needs to change its mind or Reading change their neutral stance to against the rules for the idea to be abolished. Time for some brown envelopes I think... :)

LoveCity said:
Yeah, I was reading that in an article - I think Charles Sale's - the other week. Only one club needs to change its mind or Reading change their neutral stance to against the rules for the idea to be abolished. Time for some brown envelopes I think... :)

I'm quoting directly from the PL's head of PR who tweeted me to give me 'an update' on the rules.

It seems they are trying to put out fires on the subject.

LoveCity said:

I'm amazed by Reading's stance on this matter, what are they thinking?

Grow some balls and make a decision, you have a say ffs

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

I can only imagine that they are, for whatever reason, waiting to see if they stay up or not?

fbloke said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

I can only imagine that they are, for whatever reason, waiting to see if they stay up or not?

It's a no brainer for teams like Reading in my opinion, if the door gets closed then they're well and truely fucked, keep it open there's always a chance?

If Chelski carry on as they are and look like dropping out of the top 4 they will change their minds and vote againstand its looking a dog fight for 3rd and 4th

Danamy said:
fbloke said:
Danamy said:

It's a no brainer for teams like Reading in my opinion, if the door gets closed then they're well and truely fucked, keep it open there's always a chance?

I dont know why they would abstain, it makes no sense at all but perhaps, just perhaps they are deliberately wasting time to then vote it down later?

Is there a policy by a certain clutch of players to fuck the rules over by letting them get so far down the line before voting them down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.