Martin Samuel today in the mail.

justified? I'd of been banned for life for that and probably locked up. Can you not understand why people are pissed off with these pampered kunts, and the shit they get away with?

annoyed me when Neville ran from the half way line with bacon chops to celebrate Owens winner ....2009?

Should have used a rocket launcher against him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/26/gary-neville-goal-celebrations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... lebrations</a>

All the outrage when Adebayor provoked the Arsenal fans and barely a whisper about the repeated cases of rag scum provoking our fans this weekend. I was there in 107 and saw very clearly repeated provocation from them that incited a lot of people into potentially doing stupid things.

Obviously, Samuels is usually spot on with his reporting and writing. However, this time he is slightly off the mark. Of course people shouldn't be coining the player and of course players should celebrate the act of scoring. However, if Samuels was sat block 104 after the first goal or 110 after the third, he would have seen deliberate provocation in a highly charged situation by several opposition players.

Blue Theatre said:
Rooney is an unpleasant thug, on and off the football pitch. Fact (as Benitez would say).
I think that deep-down most/all journalists know that. I can't believe that many of them "like" Rooney or think he is always the innocent party in the things that happen to him. He's wound-up a lot of people in his time, and received quite a few red-cards (for a striker). Even Fergie has fallen out with him more than once. And surely his wife can't be 100% happy that he visits prostitutes when she's pregnant. All-round Mr Nice Guy, he really isn't. Probably no exaggeration to say he could have ended-up in prison if he wasn't good at football.

Unfortunately, he is England's best player and because of that he is allowed to get away with a lot (too much). He won't change, I'm afraid.

But I'm afraid our fans played into United's hands by throwing coins ... allowed them to appear the innocent party after what was really quite an unpleasant atmosphere on Sunday ... stoked to a large extent by United's belligerence and the attitude of some of their players who really can't take losing. The whole "feel" of the derby left a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest ... I'm just glad they only turn up at the Etihad once a year, as they bring something unpleasant with them every time.

One last thing: I don't think we should be too critical of Martin Samuels as he is one of the (very few) journalists out there who has been fair to City over the past few years.
well you have done it now B T, whats the odds we meet them in the cup at the etihad if we beat watford, as for martin samuels he has gone down in my estimation the one journalist who i thought would look at all sides, they have picture in the fail of rooney walking to take the corner it shows my youngest son and my eldest grandson, they are nice kids not coin throwing thugs, the look on their faces tells me everything about rooney they are expecting something and the shithouse delivered ? united for me are the most hypocritical club imaginable, tasteless bullies,

paulchapo said:
Rooney wasn’t taunting the home fans, he didn’t even turn to them. Met with the standard sea of angry, contorted faces as he went to take his kick, he merely rounded to face the game and got on with his job. So there was no excuse, no mitigation beyond hatred and jealousy.''

!

In the clip I saw Rooney was indicating to the ref that things were being thrown onto the pitch - he didn't JUST GET ON WITH HIS JOB.

By the way I don't condone fans throwing missiles

Bluekiwi said:
paulchapo said:
Rooney wasn’t taunting the home fans, he didn’t even turn to them. Met with the standard sea of angry, contorted faces as he went to take his kick, he merely rounded to face the game and got on with his job. So there was no excuse, no mitigation beyond hatred and jealousy.''

!

In the clip I saw Rooney was indicating to the ref that things were being thrown onto the pitch - he didn't JUST GET ON WITH HIS JOB.

By the way I don't condone fans throwing missiles

Just to clear it up it wasn't ME wrote those words you edited but Samuels,lol!

Didsbury Dave said:
Crowds quoting "incitement" are pathetic buck-passers. Players get dogs abuse from crowds. If they want to give a bit back it doesn't bother me.

Simple as. All match he hears songs about prostitutes and grannies and fake hair, can't he get a little excited when scores?

Camo Bentley said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Crowds quoting "incitement" are pathetic buck-passers. Players get dogs abuse from crowds. If they want to give a bit back it doesn't bother me.

Simple as. All match he hears songs about prostitutes and grannies and fake hair, can't he get a little excited when scores?

Hw wasn't until he started kicking lumps and getting away with it out of anything in a blue shirt,then sliding to the City fans when he scored,it kicked in from there really.But yes,give it and take it i guess,though as i have said if you goad people in the moment they are feeling the most pain,some will,rightly or wrongly,snap.

paulchapo said:
Camo Bentley said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Hw wasn't until he started kicking lumps and getting away with it out of anything in a blue shirt,then sliding to the City fans when he scored,it kicked in from there really.But yes,give it and take it i guess,though as i have said if you goad people in the moment they are feeling the most pain,some will,rightly or wrongly,snap.

Look at his recent post history PC. Some people really must have very little going on in their lives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.