Martinez (merged thread)

Just caught him on Talksport playing the Martyr, him and Neil Warnock brought up how 'shocking' that decision was again.

Didn't use to mind him but this last month Martinez has been showing his true colours.

"But the Spaniard, who is in his third season as Toffees boss, insisted he is on the road to building future success and claimed it's not as if he has overseen “ten years of mediocrity.”

Good point well made

A charlatan way out his depth. I'm sick of his excuses and attempts to put a positive spin on Everton's underachievements so I can only imagine what their fans must feel about things.

Martinez is a self-confessed admirer of Pep but only seems interested in half of what Pep actually says and does. The result is that Everton have moved away from a side which presented a physical challenge to opponents and which was hard to beat to one which tries to keep possession without posing any real problems for the opposition. I get the impression that he doesn't really care for playing without the ball and probably doesn't include marking etc at opposition set pieces in training. Hence, Everton have gone from being miserly in defence to shipping goals like the Titanic took in seawater. This is, of course, with a back four of Baines, Jagielka, Stones and Coleman and might explain why all four are not the players they were last season or the season before. It would be interesting to see how Stones came on under the guidance of the real Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.