MartinO'Neill

Re: MON resigns

okstate99 said:
Milner still wants out. So the problem is that the club owner may want to pocket more of the fee as his profit than MON wanted him to, so MON waned to spend the fee. Just speculation.
That's my take on it too.

Hes gone been confirmed on BBC news 24. With immediate effect.

I am shocked obviously this Milner deal have caused a huge amount of damage with the owner - manager. Result thats villa we dont have to worry about !

Is the financial situation really that bad at Villa ? They are selling all these player bringing no one in. Hes obviously been told he has to sell and wont get much of the money to spend so hes done one. Really is very very bad with new season 5 days away. Hopefully we get Milner and Ireland stays ?

Not us to blame this time.Think its down to ols twitcher.Apparently they have accepted a bid for Ashley Young over O'Neills head

Re: MON resigns

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10265~2116445,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDeta ... 45,00.html</a>
Club Statement

Aston Villa can confirm that Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of the football club with immediate effect.

Kevin MacDonald, reserve team manager, has assumed the role of caretaker manager and will prepare the team for the opening Barclays Premier League game of the season against West Ham on Saturday at Villa Park.

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "The club would like to thank Martin for the great work he has done at Aston Villa over the past four years. He has helped to establish the club in the upper echelons of the Premier League, has taken us to Wembley and we have also qualified for European competition for the past three seasons under his management. We wish him the best in the future."

Martin O'Neill said: "I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent club. I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager. I wish them all the best for the future. I will obviously be assisting the club in the immediate short-term with regard to the handover of my duties."

No further comment will be made by either Aston Villa or Martin O'Neill until further notice.

Hes gone been confirmed on BBC news 24. With immediate effect.

I am shocked obviously this Milner deal have caused a huge amount of damage with the owner - manager. Result thats villa we dont have to worry about !

Is the financial situation really that bad at Villa ? They are selling all these player bringing no one in. Hes obviously been told he has to sell and wont get much of the money to spend so hes done one. Really is very very bad with new season 5 days away. Hopefully we get Milner and Ireland stays ?

My mate put it on facebook and I thought it was a wind up lol just checked the Villa site and hes gone. It will be because of a feud over transfers and budgets imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.