Mary D's The Townley or another?

Been in the Townley a few times, but it takes ages to get served. To be fair, I think that the beer in the ground isn’t too bad now, but you can’t have a drink with other mates who sit in different stands! Does anybody know if the bar in the squash club at the side of the ground is open before the game?
I’ve not been in the squash club bar since before covid so it might have changed now - but it did used to open before games. Only cans though and took ages to get served so wasn’t worth the faff.

That was a few years ago now.

The lads I go to the game with sit in a different part of the ground to me. We usually go for a few pints in ancoats / NQ then have a couple of cans and walk up the canal to the ground now. Drinking at the ground before the game is just a stressful queuing experience that’s best swerved.

I’m in SS L3 and not found the waits too long, especially at the bar in the corner. I was gobsmacked at the derby when the young lady serving said “have you got a season card as you can have a discount?” Usually, you have to tell them!,

Been in the Townley a few times, but it takes ages to get served. To be fair, I think that the beer in the ground isn’t too bad now, but you can’t have a drink with other mates who sit in different stands! Does anybody know if the bar in the squash club at the side of the ground is open before the game?

I’ve been once this season and it was open then. Not much of a selection but it’s indoors and right on the doorstep, so handy if you’re a bit early and have time for a quick couple before you go in.

I’ve been once this season and it was open then. Not much of a selection but it’s indoors and right on the doorstep, so handy if you’re a bit early and have time for a quick couple before you go in.
Cheers mate. Will give it a try. Like you say, it’s handy as it is on the doorstep.

Any of you early drinkers in the ground had line cleaner in your pint? I have. Horrible stuff.

I remember about 10 seasons ago getting a pint in the North stand. Took a good swig of it and nearly choked on fuckin' line cleaner. Took it back to the gawpy young guy who served it me an asked me if he'd change it for another pint as mine had line cleaning fluid in it. He looked at me as though i was daft. He clearly didn't know what i was on about.

His manager noticed and asked me what was wrong so I told her. She apologised profusely asking him to pour me another. The next wasn't much better as i could still taste the acidity of the chemicals but it didn't threaten to melt my stomach quite as fast! I only drank half and went to my seat. Put me off drinking in the stadium ever since and i only have a pint now and again making sure plenty of beer has gone through the lines before i try supping one.

Cheers mate. Will give it a try. Like you say, it’s handy as it is on the doorstep.
Use to go in the Squash place a lot as its so handy and get a pint and pie for £6 before the game and had the footie on. But this year I stopped going as its now cans only for £5 and they were warm ones at that, so just stay in the Townley now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.