Mary D's The Townley or another?

We have done that before, it's lovely but in terms of atmosphere and a sing song it doesn't get going. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea but I do like a chant or 2 before the game.
Save it for the match. :)

What's the atmosphere like in Townleys before kick off for a sing song?

I normally go to Mary D's it's just handy walking across the road before kick off.

Mary D’s is an absolute shithole, but the kind of shithole that is appropriate for going to the footy. No way in a million years is it the kind of establishment I’d ever go in otherwise.

The Townley is marginally less rough. *marginally*.

That place opposite Mary’s was even more rough, I’m not surprised it got bulldozed.

All the pubs near the ground are shit

There’s an old pub by the Holt Town tram stop, think it used to be called the ‘Bank of England’? Been boarded up for years, I’ve often thought it would make a perfect traditional style pub for match days. I wouldn’t even mind if City themselves bought it..just seems a crying shame to see a traditional old pub deteriorate.

It’ll be knocked down and turned into flats of course, sooner or later.

Weren’t there rumours of City opening a match day ‘pub’ a couple of years ago? Or did that idea morph into the ‘Ardrwick’ pub-style corporate area shite?

There’s an old pub by the Holt Town tram stop, think it used to be called the ‘Bank of England’? Been boarded up for years, I’ve often thought it would make a perfect traditional style pub for match days. I wouldn’t even mind if City themselves bought it..just seems a crying shame to see a traditional old pub deteriorate.

It’ll be knocked down and turned into flats of course, sooner or later.

Weren’t there rumours of City opening a match day ‘pub’ a couple of years ago? Or did that idea morph into the ‘Ardrwick’ pub-style corporate area shite?
The Mitchell Arms was right next to Holt Town, wasn’t bad as pubs round there go. Even if the squawking parrots behind the bar gave the place a slightly surreal, cuckoos nest vibe.
The Bank of England is a bit further back towards the New Islington tram stop, has been near derelict for years now. The police were digging up the cellar a couple of years ago because they got a tip that a gangland murder victim might be down there.
I do remember rumours about City looking into owning a pub or two a while back. You would imagine once the new arena is up and running, that pubs on the route between there and town wouldn’t be so reliant on a football game every two weeks and would be more viable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.