Mary D's vandalised already

Kirkstall Blue said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1370797_pictures_and_video_sick_united_graffiti_attack_on_city_pub_included_slur_on_tragic_foe
It's in the MUEN with a video of the landlord he's going to paint it out.

Some of the anti-City graffiti daubed on the walls of Mary D's Some of the anti-City graffiti daubed on the walls of Mary D's

Manchester City fans were left seeing red this morning after an offensive derby day graffiti attack on a Blues supporters' pub close to the Eastlands stadium.

Rival fans daubed pro-United slogans on the walls of Mary Ds bar, which is well known as a City fans' watering hole on match days.

The words "Manchester is red", "MUFC", "34 years" and a slur aimed at tragic former City hero Marc-Vivien Foe were written on the Grey Mare Lane pub.

Foe collapsed and died on the pitch while playing for Cameroon against Colombia in 2003. He was just 28.

It is thought that the pranksters struck in the early hours. Landlord Mike Kehoe, 50, was left with a race against time to clear the walls before tonight's hotly anticipated clash over the road.

Mike, a City fan, said: "The mother-in-law and the manager were at the premises but they didn't hear anything. I started getting a load of phone calls at seven this morning telling me the pub had been vandalised.

"I think you expect a bit of banter but this is over the top. You don't mind the taunts about how long it is since City won a trophy because that's fact and we can't change that but the stuff about Foe is not nice. That's a guy who lost his life on the pitch."

Mike, who has been landlord for 15 years, added: "It's more an inconvenience rather than anything else. We're expecting 1,200 people in the club tonight and we need to get the beer ready and everything else. We could have done without this."

The pub is a renowned pre-match haunt for City fans. This morning as traffic passed many shouted pro-United chants out of the window.

Michelle Carter, 49, is a United fan who lives opposite the pub but she hit out at those responsible. "It's just stupid," she said. "An absolute disgrace. There's enough animosity between United and City without this. This is where all the City fans go and I'm sure whoever has done this knew that. It's just unnecessary. Things will be bad enough tonight without this."

Mike says CCTV footage will be handed over to the police. He added: "I suppose they were wearing balaclavas so I'm not sure how much good it will do. I think there must have been two of them."

The attack is the latest scuffle in a war of words between the two clubs. Last month a poster of Wayne Rooney on a Market Street sports shop was daubed with the words "join City and you're dead" when it looked like the Reds' striker was considering a move to City.

A giant poster of Blues' boss Roberto Mancini was also daubed in red paint with the words "34 years".

"Scum"

There is a lot of talk on here about Mick being a Red, but in this story he is quoted as being a Blue.

Fact is Mick is a fan of whoever is dishing out corporate tickets!!!

WNRH said:
I thought the landlord was a rag? Says in the MEN that the landlord is a city fan.

I noticed that. Wouldn't surprise me if he specifically asked for that to be put in the article. Can't be good for his business for people to think it's run by a red.

"I suppose they were wearing balaclavas so I'm not sure how much good it will do. I think there must have been two of them."

One to hold the spray can and one to hold the dictionary.

Kirkstall Blue said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1370797_pictures_and_video_sick_united_graffiti_attack_on_city_pub_included_slur_on_tragic_foe
It's in the MUEN with a video of the landlord he's going to paint it out.

Some of the anti-City graffiti daubed on the walls of Mary D's Some of the anti-City graffiti daubed on the walls of Mary D's

Manchester City fans were left seeing red this morning after an offensive derby day graffiti attack on a Blues supporters' pub close to the Eastlands stadium.

Rival fans daubed pro-United slogans on the walls of Mary Ds bar, which is well known as a City fans' watering hole on match days.

The words "Manchester is red", "MUFC", "34 years" and a slur aimed at tragic former City hero Marc-Vivien Foe were written on the Grey Mare Lane pub.

Foe collapsed and died on the pitch while playing for Cameroon against Colombia in 2003. He was just 28.

It is thought that the pranksters struck in the early hours. Landlord Mike Kehoe, 50, was left with a race against time to clear the walls before tonight's hotly anticipated clash over the road.

Mike, a City fan, said: "The mother-in-law and the manager were at the premises but they didn't hear anything. I started getting a load of phone calls at seven this morning telling me the pub had been vandalised.

"I think you expect a bit of banter but this is over the top. You don't mind the taunts about how long it is since City won a trophy because that's fact and we can't change that but the stuff about Foe is not nice. That's a guy who lost his life on the pitch."

Mike, who has been landlord for 15 years, added: "It's more an inconvenience rather than anything else. We're expecting 1,200 people in the club tonight and we need to get the beer ready and everything else. We could have done without this."

The pub is a renowned pre-match haunt for City fans. This morning as traffic passed many shouted pro-United chants out of the window.

Michelle Carter, 49, is a United fan who lives opposite the pub but she hit out at those responsible. "It's just stupid," she said. "An absolute disgrace. There's enough animosity between United and City without this. This is where all the City fans go and I'm sure whoever has done this knew that. It's just unnecessary. Things will be bad enough tonight without this."

Mike says CCTV footage will be handed over to the police. He added: "I suppose they were wearing balaclavas so I'm not sure how much good it will do. I think there must have been two of them."

The attack is the latest scuffle in a war of words between the two clubs. Last month a poster of Wayne Rooney on a Market Street sports shop was daubed with the words "join City and you're dead" when it looked like the Reds' striker was considering a move to City.

A giant poster of Blues' boss Roberto Mancini was also daubed in red paint with the words "34 years".

"Scum"

the clearest message yet that they know their time is up.

suspiciously opportunistic, that article.. :/

the only people there were the mother-in-law and the manager...

...probably wearing balaclavas...... two of em I reckon...

well known as a City fans' watering hole on match days....

well, let's all be sure to stop in :/

foley87 said:
here you go guys

DSC00055.jpg

Laughing out loud here.

The '92 Crew Side Street Mob strike again.

Wonder if Pete Boil-on-the-arse-of-humanity will make a song up about it.

We snuck up into Beswick
In the middle of the night
We painted things on Mary D's
To make it look a sight

We went back home
To our mums
And as heroes were received
We are all such naughty folk
And City fans are peeved

or summat

Here's an idea:

FUCK OFF BACK TO LONDON

goes to show how many scrotes they have as fans. you can guarantee that the fella who did that never goes to the games.

Regular Joe said:
WNRH said:
I thought the landlord was a rag? Says in the MEN that the landlord is a city fan.

I noticed that. Wouldn't surprise me if he specifically asked for that to be put in the article. Can't be good for his business for people to think it's run by a red.

Inside job IMO.

The place is on its arse as it is.

Call me a cynic, but what would the United loving landlord do to attract publicity as a blue pub.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.