Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to have been arrrested about 1500 on Sunday so it comes up to 48 hours in custody in just a couple of hours or so. That seems a long time to investigate the allegations of assault and rape.
Is more coming out with regard to offences committed against the young woman or is there more to it? 48 hours on custody seems a lot.
There seems to be a lot of hand washing by his club, sponsors and fellow players as if they knew more was going on.
Only guessing like everyone else.
The police can apply for a maximum of 96 hours, but those kind of timescales a generally reserved for serious violent crimes/murder/manslaughter.

The longest you can be held in custody without charge is 2 weeks but only for terrorism/national security related stuff.

He seems to have been arrrested about 1500 on Sunday so it comes up to 48 hours in custody in just a couple of hours or so. That seems a long time to investigate the allegations of assault and rape.
Is more coming out with regard to offences committed against the young woman or is there more to it? 48 hours on custody seems a lot.
There seems to be a lot of hand washing by his club, sponsors and fellow players as if they knew more was going on.
Only guessing like everyone else.
The Police can request an extension for up to 96 hours

The police can apply for a maximum of 96 hours, but those kind of timescales a generally reserved for serious violent crimes/murder/manslaughter.

The longest you can be held in custody without charge is 2 weeks but only for terrorism/national security related stuff.

There's specific reasons they need to keep you longer as well isn't there?

IIRC They have to believe you'll be a risk to yourself or someone else, will obstruct the investigation, or are going to commit another offence when released.

I don't really like putting comparisons to the situation with Mendy but it does strike me as being odd the way the two situations have been handled so far.

The way everyone is diving for cover in regard to Greenwood makes me feel that this was something known within the club and there is now a clear distancing and damage control taking place.

With Mendy it "appears" that while there may have been whispers of allegations surrounding him there may have been no actual evidence to hang a decision on. As such until something concrete came to light the Club went with Mendy claiming it was a fabrication. I am not saying in any way that Mendy is not guilty as that will come out in time and I doubt there is smoke without fire.

If it comes out that the previouys rumours regarding Greenwood and the "kidnapping" are true then more people will sweating.

They are completely different because the evidence for Mendy wasn't made available for public consumption.

Sometimes a picture does paint a thousand words, certainly for sponsors where guilt by association can cost them billions.

I think most people on this thread have heard the recording and seen the video/images. That evidence is public domain. It's hard to conclude anything other than he appears on the face of it to be up sh*t creek.

Anything beyond the public domain stuff will hopefully remain under wraps until it goes to court (if he's charged of course).

you see all the above are just not 100% proof its him ? did greenwood do the damage to the lady and proving it is another matter ? also the audio could be made to sound worst with editing and cutting. look is very said that a crime has happen to the young lady. rape and GBH by a man on a woman or on anybody is criminal and they should be locked up for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.