Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if Chelsea would do business with us in terms of selling (even given the bloated squad and the ffp situation) - if they did I'd be concerned what we were getting (Sterling to them being an example of the reverse).

Chelsea will do business with us but Mount's valuation would be the problem. Their new signings hasn't helped his cause but he hasn't nailed down a first team place.

I’d take him. There’s an excellent player in there somewhere.

If he can reach his potential then he’d probably be better value for money than Bellingham.

I’d take him. There’s an excellent player in there somewhere.

If he can reach his potential then he’d probably be better value for money than Bellingham.
He has less than 10 open play assist for Chelsea in 4 years as a regular starter
Can't read the game properly i.e (gundogan, Bernardo, Bellingham)

You see, I really dont understand posts like this, (no offence meant).

He's not my first choice but....

He's 24 and had 36 England caps. This is a player who could quite conceivably end his career with over 100 caps for England. He's twice been Chelsea player of the year - yes, Chelsea aren't regularly our standard, but they aren't bad by any means. And he has won the Champions League with them.

If we could get him cheap and if he would be happy being a squad player, would he be that bad?

And if you feel that so strongly, can I ask why?

Seems to me that it would be a relatively sensible and safe signing. Might not set the world alight, but certainly not a horrendous idea.
He's asking for 400k per week at Chelsea
And you're of the opinion he would be happy to be a squad player

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be willing to settle for being a "squad player".

Might just be semantics, but I'd argue we have a lot of squad players currently, but it being such a small squad means most of them get a lot of playing time. I'd probably only suggest that Kev, Haaland, Ederson, Dias and Rodri are expected to start each game when fit now - the rest get plenty of chances due to tactics, injuries and form.

If Mount would think he deserved more than the likes of Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Gundo, then we'd probably walk away.

All this said, I do expect he'll stay at Chelsea and I'm not really fussed either way. I'm sure under Pep he could do okay for us though.
He's asking for 400k per week at Chelsea
And you're of the opinion he would be happy to be a squad player

If he wants to make a step up and play for us, then he'd have to accept being one. Or he can sod off regardless of whether he is or isn't good enough.

No, thanks. I've never understood the hype around him. He wouldn't get in the team that played last tuesday night. Maybe the team that played in the second half against Leicester (replacement for Gomez!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.