Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok bud, understood.
Genuine question then; who would you see as 3 players we could bring in to replace those 3 at a similar standard?

I think we already have two in Foden and Grealish. Bring in Bellingham and a couple of lightning fast wide players and we’d be sorted. Or even Leao and Maddison if there’s no-one better available. Or that young lad at Leeds, Gnonto is it? As a winger, not central midfield.

Can’t say I’m his biggest fan but he’s not a bad player. Don’t see where he would fit in for us. He’s not really a “Pep player”, same way that Maddison probably isn’t either

get him as far away from the etihad as possible

You see, I really dont understand posts like this, (no offence meant).

He's not my first choice but....

He's 24 and had 36 England caps. This is a player who could quite conceivably end his career with over 100 caps for England. He's twice been Chelsea player of the year - yes, Chelsea aren't regularly our standard, but they aren't bad by any means. And he has won the Champions League with them.

If we could get him cheap and if he would be happy being a squad player, would he be that bad?

And if you feel that so strongly, can I ask why?

Seems to me that it would be a relatively sensible and safe signing. Might not set the world alight, but certainly not a horrendous idea.

We may aswell take advantage of players on the market that have 1 year left on their contract and I believe it will either be mount or kovacic with bellingham coming in

Mount or Kovacic would be a huge backward step for us even as squad players. What comes in must be at least as good as what goes.

He's 24 and had 36 England caps. This is a player who could quite conceivably end his career with over 100 caps for England. He's twice been Chelsea player of the year - yes, Chelsea aren't regularly our standard, but they aren't bad by any means. And he has won the Champions League with them.

If we could get him cheap and if he would be happy being a squad player, would he be that bad?

Seems to me that it would be a relatively sensible and safe signing. Might not set the world alight, but certainly not a horrendous idea.
he has been great for a midtable team and a english manager who is clueless. he and kovacic are two different cases, the latter has been in title winning and the great croatia. mount's agent is using our name to get him a good fat contract. we should not let him near the ethiad, our academy players are more than twice the player mount is, we should give them the chances instead

Coz he is english.

Guessing this is just our standard reporting interest so united go and stick in a huge bid for him in the summer. Only way it makes even the slightest bit of sense. Fraud of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.