Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, I really dont understand posts like this, (no offence meant).

He's not my first choice but....

He's 24 and had 36 England caps. This is a player who could quite conceivably end his career with over 100 caps for England. He's twice been Chelsea player of the year - yes, Chelsea aren't regularly our standard, but they aren't bad by any means. And he has won the Champions League with them.

If we could get him cheap and if he would be happy being a squad player, would he be that bad?

And if you feel that so strongly, can I ask why?

Seems to me that it would be a relatively sensible and safe signing. Might not set the world alight, but certainly not a horrendous idea.
Agree. The key to maintaining a good squad in the modern era is buying in a steady stream of top level players at the lowest possible cost. All clubs are constrained by FFP, you have to aim for the best squad at the lowest price. Sometimes that means buying good players who are cheap even if you don't have a burning need for them. If you wait until you need a player the price is through the roof. In 2 years time Silva will be gone and KDB will be long past best. Gundo and Marhez the same.

Not saying we should go balls deep for Mount, I'm saying if he is available cheap we should take him, if it doesn't work we sell him.

He’s young, premier league proven, can play both wings and midfield. Not the most exciting prospect but would be a good piece to have in the squad for sure

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be willing to settle for being a "squad player".
Squad player under pep rotating with the best midfielders in the world, or becoming the heir to Jordan Henderson. Surely Mount wants to win. Definitely not worth the wages he’s after though

He’s young, premier league proven, can play both wings and midfield. Not the most exciting prospect but would be a good piece to have in the
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be willing to settle for being a "squad player".
We don’t want just bums on seats we need players that can actually challenge for a place in the first 11. I got dogs abuse about saying the same when we were interested in Phillips and look how that turned out

If you thought Bernardo and Gundo were bad at playing it forward to Haaland, boy oh boy is this lad something special

He apparently wants to be one of Chelsea's highest earners. We know Sterling is on over £300k so he'd probably want similar. He isn't worth it for me. Good player, but he's not someone I'd be that excited about if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.