Mata ... Available ..... Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
supercrystal7 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Good player, but let's not start rewriting history, eh!

He's been absolutely no-mark against us since he arrived at Chelsea.

We've beaten his team for fun these last couple years, a team, with considerably more talent than United have at present.

For the £40m cost of Mata, City have bought Silva and Navas.

He would have to get used to sitting on the bench in this City side.

For more context, we paid £24m for Nasri.

Based on Nasri's showings this season, nobody can tell me Mata is worth £16m more, irrespective of what those desperado lot are willing to pay.
So the only way to judge a player is if he can destroy City? How has the Chelsea team had more talent than United in the few years when they have finished so far behind them?

Navas was a unbelievable signing and incredible value. I have said it before, but the value for players has once again kicked on most probably, because of Bale. It's not fair to compare fees. The going rate then for a world class player was just under 25 million. A bit like it was around 16 million 10 years ago. Nasri was also in the last year of his contract and this drove down the price.

If you were buying Mata then there is no way he would be worth 40 million, but United are desperate. That's the benefit of having a complete team and negotiating from a strong position. It's easier to pick and choose value. However, sometimes when a player is going to make the difference between say: 6th and 4th, or 1st and 2nd, or even 17th and 18th, then it is worth over spending for. Bayern did it with Martinez and they went from a trophiless season to the treble.
Chelsea did it with Drogba.

I'd say a European Cup trumps a 25 point differential in this league, certainly in a season Chelsea once again decided to sack a manager mid-season.

Unless you believe Roberto De Matteo really was the difference.

Chelsea's roster has been better than United's for a couple years IMO.

As was ours, we just didn't have Ferguson in our corner.

I don't believe the price inflation has jumped to such levels.

They are still reserved for the absolute top bracket.

As for judging Mata's talent simply in relation to performances v City.

This entire thread seems to have moved from Mata being acknowledged as a top player, to the direct damage he can cause to ourselves and title chances.
It depends on how the European cup was won. First of all Chelsea had an aging team and with most old players they can still bring it together for the big games, but cannot do it consistently. Secondly Chelsea were incredibly luck akin to Greece winning the Euros. Thirdly Chelsea had built up a huge fear factor across Europe. Teams like Barca and Bayern were still afraid of Chelsea. The mental aspect of football is huge.

No Chelsea fan would agree with you at all that they have had a team better than United in the last couple of years. They realise that the Mourinho team of 2004 onwards has aged and needed replacing and rebuilding.

I think far too many people underrate the United players, because of their weak midfield.

Price inflation seems to have taken a standard world class player to 30 million. Silva, Yaya Toure, Mata, Suarez all left for under 25 million or close to it. Now players of similar reputation are going for 30 million like Lamela, Fernandinho, Solaldo, Gotze, Willian etc.

The impact he will have on United will be massive and they will get fourth. They are not going to challenge, but it's the problem this will have on the team next year for you. Rooney and RVP are very likely to stay now. Players across Europe will be now happily move to United. Not making top 4 would not effect them financially, but would have a devastating effect on the team. Rooney and RVP would leave, players would be hesitant to come and they would have to pay a premium on them in terms of wages and transfer fee.

They get Mata and they will get fourth. Sell the likes of Young, Valencia, Zaha release the likes of Evra and Ferdinand, and they will have a enough money to strengthen. Mata+Left Back + Central Midielder is all they need to compete again. The only bright spot is that Moyes is not a good enough manager to beat Pellegrini or Mourinho even if he has a better team.

No disrespect to Nasri but many have probably never seen how well Mata & Silva linked up at Valencia...There is a big difference in quality

FCBarca said:
No disrespect to Nasri but many have probably never seen how well Mata & Silva linked up at Valencia...There is a big difference in quality

If this is true why are we not trying to upset this deal with Sammy injured

IF and that is big IF United sign Mata, it all makes sense to Chelsea and Maureen.

United are overpaying for Mata. Chelsea have played United, so Mata can hurt other teams and help Chelsea in title fight. And it's BS about strengthening your rivals. Cause if no Mata then United will spend spend money on other quality players sooner or later anyways, so Mourinho might see chance to offload Mata (a player that he thinks is the weak link, bad defensively) for over the odds, and buy maybe world class striker for the money

Still don't believe United will get him though

Worst Case Ontario said:
IF and that is big IF United sign Mata, it all makes sense to Chelsea and Maureen.

United are overpaying for Mata. Chelsea have played United, so Mata can hurt other teams and help Chelsea in title fight. And it's BS about strengthening your rivals. Cause if no Mata then United will spend spend money on other quality players sooner or later anyways, so Mourinho might see chance to offload Mata (a player that he thinks is the weak link, bad defensively) for over the odds, and buy maybe world class striker for the money

Been on shedend if they don't win the league they will hang jose

@GuillemBalague 2m

All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon

well dont know what jose is thinking....guessing they are saving up for a striker

Worst Case Ontario said:

Over paying for Mata ! You must be kidding.

Mata will justify every pound and he is only 25 and he still have a minimum of 7 years to continue be one of the best attacking midfielders in this league.

If Jose sells Mata to them lot, it will be the biggest Johnny move of the season.

Just what they need to turn their season around and Jose wants to give them just what they need on a plate.

Blue Note said:
If Jose sells Mata to them lot, it will be the biggest Johnny move of the season.

Just what they need to turn their season around and Jose wants to give them just what they need on a plate.

its done apparently

@GuillemBalague 2m

All agreed. Juan Mata will be a Manchester United player. 45 million euros. All will be announced very soon

I can't say this worries me at all. He's a quality player, but i think this is a case of buying a quality player just because he's available. I tend not to watch them play much, but when i do i really don't see any sort of style of play or plan.

Mata might provide quality moments that'll win them some matches, but until they have an entire team and a way of playing that can control matches and impose themselves on the opposition, they just won't be consistent enough to pose a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.