Mata vs Silva (Who would you pick)

Silva is better but Mata is great. Remember Mata has help from Oscar and Hazard, Silva is in many games the only source of creativity so is targeted by our opponents who know that. If we had Silva, Oscar, and Hazard for example the other team would not focus so much on reducing Silva's space and freedom because there would be two other creative players who would need equal attention. It's a joke how few creative sources we have at this point and Silva suffers for that but make no mistake he is still a class player.

NoahCity said:
sadly it has to be Mata. More goals, more assists and has been a real game changer this season.
Silva is the type of player that at times will make your jaw drop. Mata isn't in that class but you can't argue with stats, he scores more so I'll probably have to choose Mata too.

ban-mcfc said:
Mike N said:
Mata by a mile.

Silva is so inconsistant. He played well at Newcastle and then followed it up with two bad performances. Can't remember the last time he took hold of a game and strangled the life out of it.

he has one bad game in 10, he has 6 good games and 3 master classes.

apart from the one bad game e.g today, he's better than mata and carzola.

I would love this to be true but it is not. 'master-class'? If only.

Mike N said:
ban-mcfc said:
Mike N said:
Mata by a mile.

Silva is so inconsistant. He played well at Newcastle and then followed it up with two bad performances. Can't remember the last time he took hold of a game and strangled the life out of it.

he has one bad game in 10, he has 6 good games and 3 master classes.

apart from the one bad game e.g today, he's better than mata and carzola.

I would love this to be true but it is not. 'master-class'? If only.

Lfmao, so true.

Out of the last 19 fixtures, where were those " master-classes " ?

Having a man-crush upon a player gets you into that kind of blind statements.

Mata has been much better than Silva this season, but disregarding form Silva is the better player imo.

Better player - Silva
On form right now/this season overall - Mata

He's been immense so far for the Chavs, and with El Zero still faltering, he's basically carrying that team on his back. Leading the league in assists despite the only striker he's been supplying all season being Flopnando, and I think he's in double-digits in goals as well.
In the end though, if both were playing at their best/to their full abilities, I think Silva's the better player.

Also interesting point about Mata having a better supporting crew. He has better players around him that are pretty much identical to him, while Silva has infinitely better players in front of him to finish off the chances he'd create. Last season, Mata did have more goals & assists in his first year in the PL than Silva did in what was his second and in a much better side than Juan comparatively, although stats don't tell the whole story of course.

It's a tough one for sure. Much closer than some here would like to believe. Would love to have them both :D

LoveCity said:
Silva is better but Mata is great. Remember Mata has help from Oscar and Hazard, Silva is in many games the only source of creativity so is targeted by our opponents who know that. If we had Silva, Oscar, and Hazard for example the other team would not focus so much on reducing Silva's space and freedom because there would be two other creative players who would need equal attention. It's a joke how few creative sources we have at this point and Silva suffers for that but make no mistake he is still a class player.

Good point though.

LoveCity said:
Last season Mata was running the attack of a Chelsea team completely depleted of creativity and talent, relying almost entirely on Drogba in big games to make something happen and he managed to produce stats comparable to Silva. (6 goals & 13 assists to Silva's 6 goals & 17)

So far this season, with team mates more on par with Silva's, Mata has outperformed his countryman in every single department. He's looked a cut above even with the likes of Hazard and Oscar beside him; and while his midfield partners may be more talented than yours, the strike-force he feeds (Torres) is vastly inferior to Silva's.

I don't personally feel there is much between them on a level of talent, but I do feel that Mata is far more consistent (has been in good form for 2 seasons now with only sporadic dips of a game or two). This, for me, makes him the more valuable player. He produces a lot of results and he does it consistently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.