Matador gored through his throat *GRAPHIC*

Beef cattle are slaughtered as humanely as possible. A fighting bull has its neck tendons stabbed to reduce its ability to fight back. Ht will never be banned though. It is a huge part of Spanish culture. Ernest Hemingway's book Death In the Afternoon is a fascinating but gory and ultimatly depressing history of the bull ring

I worked in a abbatoir for 3 months. I've also worked on farms and seen the way animals are treated.

The spanish fighting bulls are free range and selectively bred for their aggressive nature. They are gladiators who have a good life and die in the ring.

Better that than a battery pig that's kept in a pen for several hours where it can smell the blood and hear the screams of other pigs. ( I've seen them literally chew their own feet off in terror) then electrocuted, often partially, hosted up on a chain and stabbed (often partially) before kicking and bleeding to death. Most people think bacon is born in packets.

LongsightM13 said:
Beef cattle are slaughtered as humanely as possible. A fighting bull has its neck tendons stabbed to reduce its ability to fight back. Ht will never be banned though. It is a huge part of Spanish culture. Ernest Hemingway's book Death In the Afternoon is a fascinating but gory and ultimatly depressing history of the bull ring

I always thought Hemingway a complete and utter tw*t.

mackenzie said:
LongsightM13 said:

I always thought Hemingway a complete and utter tw*t.

How about A. L Kennedy?

mammutly said:
I worked in a abbatoir for 3 months. I've also worked on farms and seen the way animals are treated.

The spanish fighting bulls are free range and selectively bred for their aggressive nature. They are gladiators who have a good life and die in the ring.

Better that than a battery pig that's kept in a pen for several hours where it can smell the blood and hear the screams of other pigs. ( I've seen them literally chew their own feet off in terror) then electrocuted, often partially, hosted up on a chain and stabbed (often partially) before kicking and bleeding to death. Most people think bacon is born in packets.

I bow down to your experience too mate. I can only go off what I heard off her dad. You do have to admit though that a man and beast, (where the man is armed with an unnatural aid {a sword}), who fight in a ring, is completely and utterly different to a natural foodchain which has lasted the test of time? Ok its not great, course the animals suffer in some form, but thats just how it is, we eat meat and are top of the food chain. That will sound contradictory, but i'm sure you see my point pal?

Ok I'll start the jokes then,

Chin up pal, next time keep your mouth shut and the bull wont hurt you so bad

mammutly said:

Bit of a difference between the odd unprofessional twat doing a poor job in an abbatoir and the slow painful death inflicted as a national ritual.

mammutly said:

As the wife of someone who has close links to the farming community, I am well aware of the horrors that abound. Our late relation was too, and stopped keeping pigs for that reason. Pigs are wonderful animals and he got to the point where it saddened him to send them to their fates (and he wasn't a wuss, he was a hardened man). He decided to concentrate on a dairy farm and then a beef one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.