Matador gored through his throat *GRAPHIC*

Ha. Not my favourite writer ever mack, though that book is enthralling. A line in it sums up my life as a blue. "Waiting for a messiah is a dangerous business. Many false ones will come." Maybe the waiting will soon be over

Not a black and white subject, too dark a grey for me to be comfortable with it though, same as any intensive animal farming and fox hunting.

keemcfc said:
Mess with nature (especially a bug fuck off bull) and it only a matter of time before you get owned.

Besides, everyones looking at the guys throat, what about the bulls neck, back, front legs and head, where it's been stabbed multiple times, surely it was in more pain? they shove those blades in by a few feet you know...Don't you think the guy deserved it?

I think they should change the rules, if the bull wins then the rest of the bull fighters have to try to kill the bull...

...UNARMED.

I think the commonly used phrase that has been absent from this thread is

'when you fuck with the bull, you get the horns'

Mas Oyama might seem to satisfy your suggestion.

LongsightM13 said:
Ha. Not my favourite writer ever mack, though that book is enthralling. A line in it sums up my life as a blue. "Waiting for a messiah is a dangerous business. Many false ones will come." Maybe the waiting will soon be over

OK. May read it someday. ;-)

It's just that what I have read about him as a person makes me want to scream.

Pigeonho said:
mammutly said:
I worked in a abbatoir for 3 months. I've also worked on farms and seen the way animals are treated.

The spanish fighting bulls are free range and selectively bred for their aggressive nature. They are gladiators who have a good life and die in the ring.

Better that than a battery pig that's kept in a pen for several hours where it can smell the blood and hear the screams of other pigs. ( I've seen them literally chew their own feet off in terror) then electrocuted, often partially, hosted up on a chain and stabbed (often partially) before kicking and bleeding to death. Most people think bacon is born in packets.

I bow down to your experience too mate. I can only go off what I heard off her dad. You do have to admit though that a man and beast, (where the man is armed with an unnatural aid {a sword}), who fight in a ring, is completely and utterly different to a natural foodchain which has lasted the test of time? Ok its not great, course the animals suffer in some form, but thats just how it is, we eat meat and are top of the food chain. That will sound contradictory, but i'm sure you see my point pal?

Yeah. I can see what you mean.

I'm not a great fan of modern bullfighting - too much cheating and corruption.
All I'm saying is that things that are as bad go on behind closed doors in this country and some people codemn the bullfight without thinking at all.

But fair points that you make.

mammutly said:
Pigeonho said:
I bow down to your experience too mate. I can only go off what I heard off her dad. You do have to admit though that a man and beast, (where the man is armed with an unnatural aid {a sword}), who fight in a ring, is completely and utterly different to a natural foodchain which has lasted the test of time? Ok its not great, course the animals suffer in some form, but thats just how it is, we eat meat and are top of the food chain. That will sound contradictory, but i'm sure you see my point pal?

Yeah. I can see what you mean.

I'm not a great fan of modern bullfighting - too much cheating and corruption.
All I'm saying is that things that are as bad go on behind closed doors in this country and some people codemn the bullfight without thinking at all.

But fair points that you make.

Of course things are bad behind the scenes. I am sure the Spanish have that too.

But to taunt and destroy a beautiful animal in such a public way is horrendous.

mackenzie said:
mammutly said:
How about A. L Kennedy?

Never heard of him/her.

She is arguably one of the greatest living writers. She wrote a book called
'On Bullfighting'

It isn't an apology. But a keen observation.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.a-l-kennedy.co.uk/index.php/books/50-on-bullfighting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.a-l-kennedy.co.uk/index.php/ ... llfighting</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.