Match day announcer

southstander93 said:
What ever happened to the old announcer? The one we had for the first 8 years or so at the new ground? Possibly even at Maine road as well? He was a proper enthusiastic lad and got everyone dead up for it at kick off!

my rag mate reckons he's doing the swamp now :(

not sure if true though.

ban-mcfc said:
southstander93 said:
What ever happened to the old announcer? The one we had for the first 8 years or so at the new ground? Possibly even at Maine road as well? He was a proper enthusiastic lad and got everyone dead up for it at kick off!

my rag mate reckons he's doing the swamp now :(

not sure if true though.

The OT announcer was a former City announcer... Cant remember his fist name... ... Keegan<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 am --<br /><br />
BluePurgatory said:
On the subject of match day anouncers, anyone remember Joe Blakeway at MR? The time when she forgot to turn off the PA system and the whole ground gave a loud cheer when they heard CRASH, SMASH,BANG! when she dropped or knocked over a load of glasses.

Joe Blakeway.. she was so bad it was endearing!

"Everton no score, Arsenal 1 goal"

"Leeds nothing, Wolves 2 goals"

Number13 said:
southstander93 said:

I think he defected to Old Trafford.

As for the current lad, give him a break he's on our side after all. Saying "we signed him" and it's been a "great day out" is going about as far as you can without getting into trouble. He's quite clever if you think about it. One thing he could improve on is talking from the base of the belly instead of the top of the throat. If you use a PA that's basic stuff.

I'd be gutted if thats true. I thought he was quality. I remember when he used to welcome the teams out, used to introduce the opposition and then go 'and your very own, manchesterrrrrrr cityyyyyyyyyyy!' at the top of his voice, followed by a massive roar from the crowd. Proper kick started the chanting, Blue Moon would often follow from the fans (not over the speakers - I personally hate this) before Bernardo Corradi took the kick off. Boy were we shit but at least the announcer got us up for it before kick off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.