Match day announcer

Pablo1 said:
1.618034 said:
Pablo1 said:
I'm working most match days and my routine is normally sneak out of graft around 2ish (ammend for different KO times) to get in the ground around 5-10 minutes before kick off, chat to the lads around me about how fucking great we are. Watch 45 minutes of scintillating action then down onto the concourse for a coffee, pie and more chat to my fellow blues who are by now bursting with joy at what they've witnessed on the pitch. Back to my seat as we kick off for the second half where I'm entertained by football from the gods and then finished off by a quick dart on the final whistle (honestly..) I then tune into the radio where it's obvious all the moaning **** callers have watched a different game to me. Get back to work happy in the knowledge that City are magic and the rushing about was worth it... I'm going to pay more attention to the announcer on Sunday, it seems I'm missing out on an important part of the match day experience. :-)

Dinosaur.

;-)

I did get in City Square over Xmas to sample one of those pork barm/muffin/baps that were being knocked out. Was a bit out of my comfort zone - never again! :-)

you must watch different games if you think we've been scintillating in any game other than Sunday's this season...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pablo1 said:
1.618034 said:
Dinosaur.

;-)

I did get in City Square over Xmas to sample one of those pork barm/muffin/baps that were being knocked out. Was a bit out of my comfort zone - never again! :-)

you must watch different games if you think we've been scintillating in any game other than Sunday's this season...

Probably best not to take the post literally mate, the bits where I mention how great we've been we're meant to be a little lighthearted - I should have known better... :-)

What ever happened to the old announcer? The one we had for the first 8 years or so at the new ground? Possibly even at Maine road as well? He was a proper enthusiastic lad and got everyone dead up for it at kick off!

I no what u mean everyone. He's my dad and even i think he is a twat!<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am --<br /><br />I no what u mean everyone. He's my dad and even i think he is a twat!

Started last year...
"And the first goal for City, No 45, He's a Striker, Mario Balotelli"

The Day out reference was funny... but yes I don't want to hear yaya scored the winner against Stoke... I know!

God help us if he does the derby next year... coming on for united is No11, he's got no birth certificate.. Ryan Giggs... On 2nd thought, that would be funny!

On the subject of match day anouncers, anyone remember Joe Blakeway at MR? The time when she forgot to turn off the PA system and the whole ground gave a loud cheer when they heard CRASH, SMASH,BANG! when she dropped or knocked over a load of glasses.

southstander93 said:
What ever happened to the old announcer? The one we had for the first 8 years or so at the new ground? Possibly even at Maine road as well? He was a proper enthusiastic lad and got everyone dead up for it at kick off!

I think he defected to Old Trafford.

As for the current lad, give him a break he's on our side after all. Saying "we signed him" and it's been a "great day out" is going about as far as you can without getting into trouble. He's quite clever if you think about it. One thing he could improve on is talking from the base of the belly instead of the top of the throat. If you use a PA that's basic stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.