Match fixing confirmed (including in England)

Wardie said:
Danish paper says its Liverpool v Debrecen.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8254451.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 254451.stm</a>

I think it is mire than one champions league game but the one that jumps out was Lyons 7-1 win when they needed that exact score to go through.

kiam06 said:
I think it is mire than one champions league game but the one that jumps out was Lyons 7-1 win when they needed that exact score to go through.

Yeah I think that was a Russian side?

That was dodgy as fuck, remember watching highlights and thought this is a stone wall fix, can't believe more was not made of it. Hopefully they will be punished.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuka%C5%A1in_Poleksi%C4%87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuka%C5%A1in_Poleksi%C4%87</a>

Turns out the keeper who was apparently payed off in that Liverpool game (who let in a scrappy goal) rejected match fixing offers in 2010 but got banned because he didn't report it.

On 24 June 2010 he was banned from all football activities until 30 June 2012 for failing to report an attempted match fixing. Investigations showed these attempts failed, and the offers had been rejected by Poleksić,[1] however UEFA rules state all players and officials must report any match fixing attempt.[2] On 5 May 2011 the Court of Arbitration for Sport rejected the appeal and upheld UEFA decision.

NipHolmes said:
kiam06 said:

Yeah I think that was a Russian side?

That was dodgy as fuck, remember watching highlights and thought this is a stone wall fix, can't believe more was not made of it. Hopefully they will be punished.

Dinamo Zagreb.

kiam06 said:

Good call, i remember that now - bizarre match

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2071544/Lyon-7-1-win-subject-probe-French-gaming-authority.html#axzz2JxxTw4wW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2JxxTw4wW</a>

Anyone who thinks there hasn't been and won't be match fixing, or event fixing in british football, is like the man in the advert who's answer to his finance problems is to have a hat with fingers to block out the reality of the situation. Proving it when the you will no doubt have 100's of people inolved is another thing. Why bribe players when all you need to do is bribe officials. Rather than straight case payments is free cars, health cover discounted property purchase, help getting customers, or contracts when starting a buisness. 100 year leases on property oversease, list and means goes on and on. The attraction to a club to match fix is that in some, or all of their marginal, to easy games, they turn them into very easy games, meaning they can rest players for those high profile games, which would have greater scrutiny. A crook would be interested in everything from team news to firsts corners and the absolute classic fo first yellow card. All however would have some input from, our beloved match officials. They now have the new wheeze, of "I saw it, but didn't feel it was a foul", example 1 being that lying scum bag Howard Webb and Whelans cowardly tackle on Garcia. That said, the officials, are very poorly paid in terms of the money being generated and paid in the EPL, so the temptation is all to real.
PB is right, its a crooked sport, always has been, always will, becuase people believe in a fantasy that never existed.Until people in general, stop burying there heads, minds in the sand, then the *wats will always get away with it. Thats said there's far more evil being carried out in the world that we need to deal with, but if we can't bring honesty to something as simple as football then we are truly donald ducked!

VOOMER said:
Anyone who thinks there hasn't been and won't be match fixing, or event fixing in british football, is like the man in the advert who's answer to his finance problems is to have a hat with fingers to block out the reality of the situation. Proving it when the you will no doubt have 100's of people inolved is another thing. Why bribe players when all you need to do is bribe officials. Rather than straight case payments is free cars, health cover discounted property purchase, help getting customers, or contracts when starting a buisness. 100 year leases on property oversease, list and means goes on and on. The attraction to a club to match fix is that in some, or all of their marginal, to easy games, they turn them into very easy games, meaning they can rest players for those high profile games, which would have greater scrutiny. A crook would be interested in everything from team news to firsts corners and the absolute classic fo first yellow card. All however would have some input from, our beloved match officials. They now have the new wheeze, of "I saw it, but didn't feel it was a foul", example 1 being that lying scum bag Howard Webb and Whelans cowardly tackle on Garcia. That said, the officials, are very poorly paid in terms of the money being generated and paid in the EPL, so the temptation is all to real.
PB is right, its a crooked sport, always has been, always will, becuase people believe in a fantasy that never existed.Until people in general, stop burying there heads, minds in the sand, then the *wats will always get away with it. Thats said there's far more evil being carried out in the world that we need to deal with, but if we can't bring honesty to something as simple as football then we are truly donald ducked!
url-3.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.