Match fixing confirmed (including in England)

IF its Liverpool, then it will easier to get Suarez from them now.

If its United, then it will be fun just watching them punished.

If its Chelsea, then lets sign Hazard & Mata.

We have to be ready to take advantage from any crisis, but lets hope we are not the accused club.

Caveman said:
It wasn't the fact that I didn't particularly believe in there being no corruption in the game - how do I know what goes on?! - but it was the very insecure and constant stuff about any decision that went against us or for United being harped on about being "agenda" driven. It was tiresome and nobody had a shred of evidence, many were just being smacked arses or sore losers.

This doesn't change that.

Don't forget match fixing is often things like there being a throw-in in the 55th minute, a corner in the 90th minute or there being seven free kicks in the second half. They aren't necessarily about fixing the score or the winners of a match. It can go as far as that, of course. But nobody knows anything yet, not a thing.

(Don't see how the OP gets away with calling people "idiotic" and "twats" because if a non-mod did that I guarantee they'd be told off.)

Think he's just got the hump that his super story hasnt come to press yet
About the prem being bent as fuck

I've seen a few people mention that the 'fixing' will be small things like yellow cards and throw ins etc. I don't believe this to be the case, I think they are referring specifically to 'match fixing' which is the outcome of the match. Betting on specific events happening is referred to as 'spot fixing'

I think this is bigger than we think!

lust overlord said:
Anyone hoping united and Liverpool are going to be in any sort of trouble over these allegations is going to be disappointed.
If there are going to be any revelations about the prem,I would guess,like others,that it will likely to do with bets on yellow cards etc.

This. If the CL game was fixed i dont think anyone from Pool would be involved, more likely the opposition. They did say some betting could be on a team expected to win but the opposition lay down so the result/score was higher than expected so that could be about 12 teams a year at the Swamp :)-

bluetrue said:
I've seen a few people mention that the 'fixing' will be small things like yellow cards and throw ins etc. I don't believe this to be the case, I think they are referring specifically to 'match fixing' which is the outcome of the match. Betting on specific events happening is referred to as 'spot fixing'

I think this is bigger than we think!

Yellow cards can have an indirect effect on a match.An early yellow card for a key defender or midfielder can affect how they play.How many times have we seen baffling inconsistent decisions on fouls in games where,one challenge will warrant a card yet an almost identical one minutes later doesn't ?

It was Liverpool v Debrecen but neither Liverpool nor any Liverpool players had anything to do with it. Apologies if already posted.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9848809/Liverpools-2009-Champions-League-match-against-Debrecen-allegedly-fixed-by-Hungarian-sides-goalkeeper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eeper.html</a>

laserblue said:
It was Liverpool v Debrecen but neither Liverpool nor any Liverpool players had anything to do with it. Apologies if already posted.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9848809/Liverpools-2009-Champions-League-match-against-Debrecen-allegedly-fixed-by-Hungarian-sides-goalkeeper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eeper.html</a>

no of course they didn't...

No way ! Is There a matchfixing outside Italy ?
Because as long as i remember the matchfixing according to this forum was only an italian problem.

What happened to that lot in liverpool who bet on a scottish league player to get sent off and he basically pecked the refs head until he was. Think Roonys dad was involved as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.