Match of the Day - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Ayew’s elbow is halfway up his radius, it wasn’t an elbow.

Haaland’s high boot wasn’t dissimilar to the Mané red card in the 5-0. People moaned about that being a red card and so they can’t have it both ways.
Seriously ? No seriously? Similar to Mane !!! Eddie was in the air jumping to head it. The defender was stooping to head it. Its about as similar as mild and bitter.
As for Ayew, motd showed the replay, he elbowed him. Not a red card nasty elbow but still a foul.

Last edited:
To be honest i dont watch it
Anymore you will never change their opnions
Total waste of time giving MOTD Relevance

So MoD highlight the Ederson and Haaland "incidents" as both controversially going in City's favour whereas they chose to ignore the forearm smash into Cancelo's face ( which led to the second goal ) But why no comment about CP's first goal ? The ball comes in from the free kick and it appears to be deflected onto Stones's knee off the CP forward's hand and so on into the net . All the City defenders claim a "handball" but evidently VAR sees no need to investigate. The commentator says it deflected off Walker's elbow. Looking at it many times in slow-mo , I'd certainly vote for the CP's player hand ( the City defenders certainly thought so )

And following the novel interpretation of offside for St Marcus's goal against the Dippers it was equally bizarre how the experts interpreted McTominay playing "keepy-uppy" of the ball with his arms , in the Southampton game, as not being a penalty. I rather think we'll see a lot of VAR and PIGMOL keeping the Rags relevant this season !
Palace’s first goal was very similar to the rags own goal against Brighton.

Both were given, so at least there is consistency.

Seriously ? No seriously? Similar to Mane !!! Eddie was in the air jumping to head it. The defender was stooping to head it. Its about as similar to mild and bitter.
As for Ayew, motd showed the replay, he elbowed him. Not a red card nasty elbow but still a foul.
I’ll chat with you when you’ve read the rest of the discussion last night, rather than this knee jerk initial reaction.

If Haaland had drawn blood yesterday, would it have changed the Referee’s decision, do you think?
Well his other foot was planted and it was more the duck into him than say Mane’s. But I’m sure if their player was covered in blood then it may have been factored in yes, it’s human nature. Like when Son saw straight red when he broke that bloke’s leg despite it not being the most outrageous foul you’d see most weekends.

Well his other foot was planted and it was more the duck into him than say Mane’s. But I’m sure if their player was covered in blood then it may have been factored in yes, it’s human nature. Like when Son saw straight red when he broke that bloke’s leg despite it not being the most outrageous foul you’d see most weekends.
Agreed and this is why we will always have debates about what challenge deserves what card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.