Match Thread | Arsenal vs Manchester City (12/08/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are goung to come out flying,he needs to come off now before he costs us.
Fair enough.

I just think hooking him at halftime may lead to collateral effects that we could do without. We’ll see what Pep does, of course.

Decent enough, given the truncated pre-season. Should be 2 or 3 up.
Mendy has been an obvious worry - hopefully just rustiness. Positionally poor, and fairly clumsy on the ball a few times.
Generally, I don’t think the shape is quite right. Bernardo is too high and can’t get on the ball. Prefer us to go back to our more normal shape with him slightly deeper alongside Fernandinho and Gundogan. I’d also like to see Sterling and Mahrez swap sides.

There was a point in that half where we were 5 onto 3. Gundogan in possesion. A simple ball 10 yards to his right to put Mahrez in and he just pokes it 3 yards. Things like that is what piss fans off.

Worse still, he gave them the ball to break on us and they could have scored.

Gundo is not playing as DM, he is playing his preferred attacking midfield role. He has been pretty poor so far.

he isn't playing defensive midfield you are right....but Pep expects everyone to work hard to get the ball back when we don't have it.....he doesn't...sterling, Marhez andDavid and KDB all work hard to win the ball back when playing....Ilky doesn't and is poor at it when he does try

Once in that half we were caught out with a through ball, and I honestly don’t think I’ve seen us that square in the midfield for a couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.